Partick Thistle General Chatter: 2014/15

He's quite fond of slagging folk off behind a keyboard himself, I'm sure he'll be cope with me thinking people who dress up at away games are bellends without his white knight having to come to his resue and defend him on the internet.

Some of that is very ironic.

Like I said, just under three months to complete that list.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archie must think he's worth the gamble. Outstanding for us but a total crock.

It will be good to have Welsh back. I'd guess it's a make or break season for him with it being the last year of his contract.

I can't see Osbourne wanting to sign unless he feels some sort of loyalty due to missing half the season but I doubt it. You'd have to imagine if he gets a trial at a club down south that considering his performances last season he'd show enough ability to win a deal.

If Welsh is fit does he go straight into the team ahead of Fraser?

I like Fraser and think he's got tremendous potential but I'd be quite happy if he wasn't starting regularly for us next year, possibly even out on loan for the first half of it. As yet I don't think he's strong enough to play the defensive side of midfield and if we played him as a more attacking midfielder he'd just end up shooting all the time- which might not be a bad thing based on Tynecastle but a very bad thing based on the Ross County game.

Welsh would be a better option if he wasn't made out of poppadom.

Might be being overly cynical here but my experience as a trade union steward suggests not.

If the board's aim was to stop protests about fans being forced to move for Celtic and Rangers eventually then they have achieved that at the same time as appearing to be the most responsive and understanding bunch about. Win win.

Regardless very glad that singing section staying put, bit of the JHS I sat in this season been very quiet hope to move closer to NS now.

I think I'd rather not know what was going on than follow that utter bellend.

#bantzanddressingupatawaygames

The dressing up away to Ross County was pretty embarassing to be fair.

Still bothered by something that happened months ago and affected you in absolutely no way whatsoever? I think that might qualify as embarrassing.

Archie must think he's worth the gamble. Outstanding for us but a total crock.

It will be good to have Welsh back. I'd guess it's a make or break season for him with it being the last year of his contract.

Who has played more games this season? ;)

Might be being overly cynical here but my experience as a trade union steward suggests not.

If the board's aim was to stop protests about fans being forced to move for Celtic and Rangers eventually then they have achieved that at the same time as appearing to be the most responsive and understanding bunch about. Win win.

Regardless very glad that singing section staying put, bit of the JHS I sat in this season been very quiet hope to move closer to NS now.

A pal of mine raised the possibility this was the club testing the water. He suggested that so many visiting fans had complained about the (standard and lack of) facilities in the main stand that moving home fans there and away fans into the north stand might be worth a poke.

Perhaps not.

The official website's stats on Sean Welsh make interesting reading. Including his loan spell he has been with us for two and a half seasons and managed a total of twenty five starts. I don't see why offering a new contract to Osbourne is any more a risk than offering one to Welsh. According to the website his contract expires this month.

The official website's stats on Sean Welsh make interesting reading. Including his loan spell he has been with us for two and a half seasons and managed a total of twenty five starts. I don't see why offering a new contract to Osbourne is any more a risk than offering one to Welsh. According to the website his contract expires this month.

Player profile pages are not up to date.

Welsh's contract covers next season too.

http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2013-2014/may_2014/contract_update

Archived