Arbroath close season thread

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That the wee hyena from East Fife? He's awful. People will say 'he gives 100%' every game what they really mean is he has no ability and is a headless chicken.

Well he's left sided, had 3 left sided players last season and they all left. Need to get someone in. So far it looks like were just building up the squad, none of the guys that have came in so far look like they will be starters.

And so you were on the wind up Neilly or?

Player that's just left East Fife I think?

Was Stoney not East Fife s captain.Looked one of East Fife s best players whenever we played East Fife.

Jamie Bishop has been released by Stirling Albion. I'd happily take him back at Gayfield

Nae danger, 5 years ago aye, not now, move on

He was the captain but he wasn't one of the better players in a poor team.

If he can play left back and left mid then I'm alright with that. Lindsay was there last season who seems to be exactly the same. I'll take him. I'd have to wait and see what he's like right enough but now it seems like we have signed 3 boys who won't be starters, which is fair enough considering we let so many people go. Just want to see a couple of decent signings, starting with Shagger McManus come on tae!

Need a right back and Banjo re signed.

Need a centre half, Travis and Little will be the starting pairing IMO.

New left back. Johnstone looks like cover.

Bobby Linn will start, Wallace looks like cover, someone else who can play here too.

Sheerin will start, cover for centre mid.

Nicholl will start, cover for centre mid or a new centre mid as you could still push Sheerin to the left.

New left mid, Sheerin for cover.

New striker, Murray in as cover.

New striker, another striker for cover too.

So far we have signed 2 junior lads and Johnstone from East Fife, can't see any of them being first picks, could be proven wrong but I just can't see it, hoping for some good and proven players at this level in the next 4/5 weeks. We play Aberdeen on the 28th!! We had barely assembled a team never mind a squad last time we played them pre season! :lol:

Need a right back and Banjo re signed.

Need a centre half, Travis and Little will be the starting pairing IMO.

New left back. Johnstone looks like cover.

Bobby Linn will start, Wallace looks like cover, someone else who can play here too.

Sheerin will start, cover for centre mid.

Nicholl will start, cover for centre mid or a new centre mid as you could still push Sheerin to the left.

New left mid, Sheerin for cover.

. :

Bearing in mind we have a lot of good young midfielders i wouldnt expect to see too many more midfielders. With linn nicoll sheerin as starters we also have banjo who may play in midfield/cover, birse, scott and mcwalter. With johnstone and wallace who can also be cover. Has young scot adam signed on? Iv been very impressed with him who i think can play on either wing

Bearing in mind we have a lot of good young midfielders i wouldnt expect to see too many more midfielders. With linn nicoll sheerin as starters we also have banjo who may play in midfield/cover, birse, scott and mcwalter. With johnstone and wallace who can also be cover. Has young scot adam signed on? Iv been very impressed with him who i think can play on either wing

I've said this before, the young guys are good players. But no upto scratch at this level yet.. Nowhere near it. Chris Scott looked the best but even then I wouldn't have him anywhere near starting.

Neilly pretty much sums it up, he'll run himself into the ground, but his footballing ability is very very limited. An average junior player at best IMO. He was given the captaincy on the fact that hes a "local lad". You'll love his corners that never beat the first man!

Archived