Arbroath close season thread

Gemmell would be an excellent signing. Despite him being very poor for us, the guy is a good player and seems to have wound his neck in. Would add a bit of fire to the derby too.

Re-signing Linn, Mcmanus, little and with Gemmell would put you towards the challenger status.

Was disappointed we shipped Murray to Tayport.

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just signed Colin Hamilton, any good?

Brilliant 1st season, managed to get himself a trial at Wycombe, 2nd season not so good, part of the shakiest defence I have seen in ma puff at Gayf, much better than the boy you had playing left back against us at Glebe anyway. Pretty unsure on how I feel about him leaving to be honest, best of luck to the guy though.

Just signed Colin Hamilton, any good?

Definitely a good left back in there somewhere, the season before last he had an excellent season with many surging runs down the wing as well as being good defensively. After that successful season he got a trial down south which didn't work out for him. He came back a different player last season, looked like he'd lost all confidence and was poor all season. Could be a good signing if he can recapture his earlier form, otherwise could be a poor one.

Doesn't seem too bad then! Jackson's brother or Jonny Brown? Possibly flourish again in a settled defence then? Is it just Stenny and you he's been at

f**k knows but he was torn apart by Linn last game, and he was at Hearts as far as I'm aware before us not sure about Stenny!

roughly how much compensation do we get?

Doubt itll be much tbh. Next seasons gonna be very interesting now we will only have really 5 players from last season starting for us. Complete re build. Exciting.

For who?

Said in the Courier we are due compo for both Hamilton and Cook because they are 21 or under? I dunno if that is right or not, I mean they were out of contract, maybe some rule I dont know about?

Hamilton has played two full seasons for Arbroath and just turned 22 and had a few English trials last summer but previously was Hearts youth team and a loan spell with Stenhousemuir. I don't know how it works but I think Dunfermline were meant to pay us £8000 for Falky, again similar situation he came from Leeds/St Johnstone and had two full seasons, but then he had won young player of the season etc so he probably was seen as a bigger asset.

It will be interesting to see how it works, but I doubt the fee will even make it to the press.

Going by the negativity the Airdrie fans had Cookie definitely performed much better with us and got some cracking goals too, then played through the pain barrier to help us in our fight. Definitely sad to see him go.

Sad to see Hammy go to, but a little happier ( not that is the right word- best of two evils perhaps) he chose Brechin over Dicks gang up the road. It is interesting that most of the players who go on to other angus clubs normally start with Arbroath. We rarely sign players from our neighbours apart from Paul McManus. Should our scouting system not get some compensation too? :P

Simon Murray and Michael Wallace on board for us, but hopefully we can get some experienced players signed up too.

At least the transfer window has started to provide us with some action!

Hamilton has played two full seasons for Arbroath and just turned 22 and had a few English trials last summer but previously was Hearts youth team and a loan spell with Stenhousemuir. I don't know how it works but I think Dunfermline were meant to pay us £8000 for Falky, again similar situation he came from Leeds/St Johnstone and had two full seasons, but then he had won young player of the season etc so he probably was seen as a bigger asset.

It will be interesting to see how it works, but I doubt the fee will even make it to the press.

Going by the negativity the Airdrie fans had Cookie definitely performed much better with us and got some cracking goals too, then played through the pain barrier to help us in our fight. Definitely sad to see him go.

Sad to see Hammy go to, but a little happier ( not that is the right word- best of two evils perhaps) he chose Brechin over Dicks gang up the road. It is interesting that most of the players who go on to other angus clubs normally start with Arbroath. We rarely sign players from our neighbours apart from Paul McManus. Should our scouting system not get some compensation too? :P

Simon Murray and Michael Wallace on board for us, but hopefully we can get some experienced players signed up too.

At least the transfer window has started to provide us with some action!

Who the feck is Michael Wallace?

Michael Wallace has signed for you lot. Worked with him at Kwik Fit and I think the highest level he has played at is amateur.

Quick nosey on FB and found a guy who I had a mutual friend with (David Banjo) so im assuming its him and it looks like he has been junior last 2 seasons. Another younger lad along with Murray by the looks of it.

It will be because we have a European game on the 3rd of July and we will be needing some match practise before then.

A League 2 side that will most likely be fielding a team of trialists should set you up quite nicely for the Europa League IMO.

Thought Cook had a good season , little peculiar leaving Arbroath for a smaller team, who are in the same league - but he should do well for the Fifers.

Hamilton had a half decent season, but was also part of a defence that were leaking goals every week - so maybe a change is best for everyone.

Arbroath have managed to secure all the best players from last season ( still waiting on news on McManus ) - so we are moving in the right direction.

Archived