Arbroath close season thread

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moore will do anything but play youth you are surely aware of that?

Well so far he has signed 3 guys who are 20, and another at 21. We actually could do with more experience at this level.

The big issue is we have youth players who are younger than those who have signed, who have shown they are more talented and should be in the team.

I'd be raging if Scott and McWalter played bit part roles. I reckon Scott is pretty versatile and McWalter, from what I've seen in u-19s and first team glimpses, isn't scared to tackle and is good with the ball at his feet

I completely agree regarding Chris Scott and Keiran McWalter. In the minutes they've had on the pitch during this pre season they've proved to be just as good as the other players we have in their positions.

I think Ross Fisher had to be signed as we needed another body back there and he has proved he can do a decent enough job, but we still don't have a proper right sided full back in the squad in my opinion, just players who can do a job there if required. I also wanted another central defender, but seeing as we now have Trav, Fisher, Little, Lindsay and Johnstone signed (and Kev Nicoll can also fill in at centre back) I can only see one more defender being signed.

With regards to Kieran Stewart - I think he has to be given time, we've seen little of him and he would need to play a good few competitive games before a proper judgement can be made. However, I would agree that from what has been seen briefly in pre season he didn't look any better than what we've got currently...

I completely agree regarding Chris Scott and Keiran McWalter. In the minutes they've had on the pitch during this pre season they've proved to be just as good as the other players we have in their positions.

I think Ross Fisher had to be signed as we needed another body back there and he has proved he can do a decent enough job, but we still don't have a proper right sided full back in the squad in my opinion, just players who can do a job there if required. I also wanted another central defender, but seeing as we now have Trav, Fisher, Little, Lindsay and Johnstone signed (and Kev Nicoll can also fill in at centre back) I can only see one more defender being signed.

With regards to Kieran Stewart - I think he has to be given time, we've seen little of him and he would need to play a good few competitive games before a proper judgement can be made. However, I would agree that from what has been seen briefly in pre season he didn't look any better than what we've got currently...

I agree with each of those points. In addition I'm not sure we've got a proper left-sided full back either. With the squad we've got now 3-5-2 (5-3-2) might be a shout.

See Moore saying in the paper that he hopes to have further faces in before next week.

Any good suggestions loan player wise? What about that McGeever again? Played for Peterhead last season.

I'd happily take mcgeever back tbh

Alright lads, I'll be giving blogging a go this season, about AFC and the rest of the scottish leagues. I'd appreciate any feedback and ideas for articles, and will start with a preview of next week's match against Berwick which will be up in the next week. Follow me on twitter if you have it @lichtie78 and lichtie78 is also my Instagram. Cheers!

Alright lads, I'll be giving blogging a go this season, about AFC and the rest of the scottish leagues. I'd appreciate any feedback and ideas for articles, and will start with a preview of next week's match against Berwick which will be up in the next week. Follow me on twitter if you have it @lichtie78 and lichtie78 is also my Instagram. Cheers!

I'll have a read. That's you followed mate.

Actually no it's no I can't find you, profile private?

I'll have a read. That's you followed mate.

Actually no it's no I can't find you, profile private?

I've just tried to go on it and it says it been suspended and all my information has been deleted, no sure what's going on there like

I've just tried to go on it and it says it been suspended and all my information has been deleted, no sure what's going on there like

:lol:

f**k you been dain????

If it ever starts working again I'll follow and give it a read. Good seeing someone do something productive.

Just wishing some fan has the tekkers to run the website and gets the chance, so outdated.

:lol:

f**k you been dain????

If it ever starts working again I'll follow and give it a read. Good seeing someone do something productive.

Just wishing some fan has the tekkers to run the website and gets the chance, so outdated.

Nothing bad a promise!!! :lol:

I'll post my stuff onto here once I've done it instead.

Aye the club website is pish, updated once in a blue moon with one pishy sentence.

Scott Adams, who I felt was one of out best youth players last season, has joined Peterhead.When I've seen him play he's always looked better than Birse, and was surprised when Adams wasn't offered a senior contract.

Someone has fucked up here. Between signing up Birse, Scott and McWalter and disbanding the youth team, we've let some very decent young players go, Adam and Wilson in particular.

Someone has fucked up here. Between signing up Birse, Scott and McWalter and disbanding the youth team, we've let some very decent young players go, Adam and Wilson in particular.

I went to quite a few u-19 games last season and the togetherness of the squad really struck me. Most of the team had played with each other for a few seasons and understood each other really well.What was the reason for the youth system being scrapped?

Archived