Arbroath close season thread

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John Gemmel :wub:

Think he is just teasing us, if we signed him and McManus that would be unreal :lol: Already signed two players that I used to absolutely hate when they played us (Nicoll, Linn) because they were always so good, if we could make it a quartet and get Gemmell and Mcmanus signed would be superb. :lol:

Think he is just teasing us, if we signed him and McManus that would be unreal :lol: Already signed two players that I used to absolutely hate when they played us (Nicoll, Linn) because they were always so good, if we could make it a quartet and get Gemmell and Mcmanus signed would be superb. :lol:

I'm certain we would need to pay a fee for him as he's still under contract for another year at Stenhousemuir.

He's definitely signed I don't think anyone said otherwise.

I would guess it will take a bid of between 10-15K to take him off our hands. We rejected three bids from Ayr around this mark in January last year so can't see why we would accept anything less now.

I would be utterly amazed if he ended back up in the gutter division considering he would have the pick of clubs in this league. Transfer fee pending right enough.

I'm certain we would need to pay a fee for him as he's still under contract for another year at Stenhousemuir.

Aye he has signed, just seen this though;

SFC1884

Posted 06 May 2014 - 22:08
SFC1884

Sunday League Starter

• photo-thumb-49607.jpg?_r=1393370014
  • Gold Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 79 posts
  • My Team:Stenhousemuir
CLEAR OUT!!

McMillan, Lynch, Douglas, Higgins, Malone and Darren Smith all join McNeil and Devlin out the door. Thanks to all their contributions, especially McMillan for the past few seasons.

Gemmell also told he can find a new club

He's definitely signed I don't think anyone said otherwise.

I would guess it will take a bid of between 10-15K to take him off our hands. We rejected three bids from Ayr around this mark in January last year so can't see why we would accept anything less now.

I would be utterly amazed if he ended back up in the gutter division considering he would have the pick of clubs in this league. Transfer fee pending right enough.

Yeah I would be very surprised too, but money/pals/situation he finds himself in with work and training mean quite alot for these boys!

Can only hope.

Aye he has signed, just seen this though;

SFC1884

Posted 06 May 2014 - 22:08

SFC1884

Sunday League Starter

• photo-thumb-49607.jpg?_r=1393370014
  • Gold Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 79 posts
  • My Team:Stenhousemuir
CLEAR OUT!!

McMillan, Lynch, Douglas, Higgins, Malone and Darren Smith all join McNeil and Devlin out the door. Thanks to all their contributions, especially McMillan for the past few seasons.

Gemmell also told he can find a new club

Yeah I would be very surprised too, but money/pals/situation he finds himself in with work and training mean quite alot for these boys!

Can only hope.

You can hope but a waste of time really. Why would he go to Arbroath for a drop in league, money and further distance to training and games? On top of Arbroath having to pay 5 figures you're in dreamland I feel.

Like Neilly, I would be really surprised if he ended up in League 2, he could take his pick from any club in League 1 I'm sure. I take it Booth doesn't rate him then?

I don't know if it's not rating him as such I think he sees him more as just a target man than a football player. He's obviously a quality target man but he is a very good footballer as well which I think Booth has completely disregarded.

My impression is that Booth would like to go with fast, technical players in the final third but you need more than one way of playing and we could become unstuck next season.

We shall see what happens I would love John to be here next season to be motivated, prove Booth wrong and be the player we know he can be. If the bridges are burned, which I feel they most definitely are, it's better we get a decent fee to use elsewhere in the team and aren't left with an unhappy Gemmell as that would do no one any good.

I would imagine Ayr is his most likely destination if he is to leave but do they have the money? The big man has also called Mark Roberts a p***k on more than one occasion so it would be a tad strange to leave here to play under him.

Gemmell 'fits' in at us for whatever reason. He's never been half the player he has shown in the last two years at any other club I have seen so the grass may not be greener for the big man elsewhere but if he is being forced out then what can ye dae?

You can hope but a waste of time really. Why would he go to Arbroath for a drop in league, money and further distance to training and games? On top of Arbroath having to pay 5 figures you're in dreamland I feel.

I don't know if it's not rating him as such I think he sees him more as just a target man than a football player. He's obviously a quality target man but he is a very good footballer as well which I think Booth has completely disregarded.

My impression is that Booth would like to go with fast, technical players in the final third but you need more than one way of playing and we could become unstuck next season.

We shall see what happens I would love John to be here next season to be motivated, prove Booth wrong and be the player we know he can be. If the bridges are burned, which I feel they most definitely are, it's better we get a decent fee to use elsewhere in the team and aren't left with an unhappy Gemmell as that would do no one any good.

I would imagine Ayr is his most likely destination if he is to leave but do they have the money? The big man has also called Mark Roberts a p***k on more than one occasion so it would be a tad strange to leave here to play under him.

Gemmell 'fits' in at us for whatever reason. He's never been half the player he has shown in the last two years at any other club I have seen so the grass may not be greener for the big man elsewhere but if he is being forced out then what can ye dae?

Think there is definitely something too it, the Courier wouldnt just say that not that type of paper, how do you know he will be taking a drop in money? Would only have to come through to Arbroath every 2nd week for a home game, we train in Perth. Arbroath signing John Gemmell would hardly be a massive massive shock, maybe a tad surprising but come on now, like I said can only hope, hardly in dreamland though as you have put it!! He has been playing for Stenny the last few seasons FFS :lol:

Think there is definitely something too it, the Courier wouldnt just say that not that type of paper, how do you know he will be taking a drop in money? Would only have to come through to Arbroath every 2nd week for a home game, we train in Perth. Arbroath signing John Gemmell would hardly be a massive massive shock, maybe a tad surprising but come on now, like I said can only hope, hardly in dreamland though as you have put it!! He has been playing for Stenny the last few seasons FFS :lol:

Remember he rejected you to come here in the first place two years ago. You would have to assume money and travel convenience were a factor in that decision.

Two years on his stock has risen and his wages would have last summer on the back of a very successful season for him. What are Arbroath going to do differently to two years ago on top of paying a five figure sum? Where is the money coming from considering their should be a drop in the club's budget after relegation?

Of course stranger things have happened in football but I can't see any logic in a move to Arbroath whatsoever when most clubs in the league above would take him.

Remember he rejected you to come here in the first place two years ago. You would have to assume money and travel convenience were a factor in that decision.

Two years on his stock has risen and his wages would have last summer on the back of a very successful season for him. What are Arbroath going to do differently to two years ago on top of paying a five figure sum? Where is the money coming from considering their should be a drop in the club's budget after relegation?

Of course stranger things have happened in football but I can't see any logic in a move to Arbroath whatsoever when most clubs in the league above would take him.

I kehn, just saying its no like we are trying to get someone we have absolutely no chance of getting. Im no getting my hopes up, if McManus signs ill still be very very happy, I would want him and Linn playing through the middle.

Did hear Dr Goals himself was meant to be heading to Annan but doubt that if he's signed up already for Arbroath

He's not signed, contract was offered but not sure how good it would've been, he was ok for us and I'd have him, wouldn't be too fussed if he was to leave though in a way, good guy and good player to have in a squad anyways.

Ricky Little has signed another year and we have also given deals to youngsters Conner Birse, Mirren Mcwalter and Chris Scott

So as I can make out the squad is currently

GK

Scott Morrison

Def

Ricky Little

Michael Travis

Mid

Bobby Linn

Kevin Nicoll

Chris Scott

Conner Birse

Kieren McWalter

Fwd

Simon Murray

Unsure if Sheerin has decided to continue playing.

I know that David Banjo and Colin Hamilton have been offered new deals. I hear Cook is on East Fife's radar

Ricky Little has signed another year and we have also given deals to youngsters Conner Birse, Mirren Mcwalter and Chris Scott

So as I can make out the squad is currently

GK

Scott Morrison

Def

Ricky Little

Michael Travis

Mid

Bobby Linn

Kevin Nicoll

Chris Scott

Conner Birse

Kieren McWalter

Fwd

Simon Murray

Unsure if Sheerin has decided to continue playing.

I know that David Banjo and Colin Hamilton have been offered new deals. I hear Cook is on East Fife's radar

Sheerin will continue playing, which I'm very pleased to hear. Cook supposedly is away to East Fife, mixed bag, bit disappointed and bit unfazed, funny player, such a hit or a miss and drifted out of games a lot but still capable of a bit of magic, no to down and no to happy bout him going.

Hopefully we also give a senior deal to Scott Adams, been very impressed with him whenever I've seen him. Shame about Cook going, I rated him quite highly. The midfeild is coming along nicely good blend of youth and experience. Hopefully McManus signs, could see him getting 15+ goals in a full season at this level.

Archived