Arbroath close season thread

Haha i never noticed that. Guessing Gordon Strachan mentioned it.

Mentioned twice, at start the presenter said Strachan said Porto Alegre looks the same as Arbroath and then the presenter said it at half time to, were in Arbroath he said at half time :lol:

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think RB should be the main priority now, unless Little is planned on playing there then the priority would CB. Can see the starting 11 looking like this:

Morrison

RB - Travis - Little - Lindsay

Linn - Nicoll - Whatley - McBride

Murray - McManus

Think that team would do well in this division.

Wow, sound pretty bitter. 'Yet another diddy from us' we have signed TWO players from yous? :lol: Your captain and McBride. Calm doon. And not got a clue who McAleer is but just you keep bigging yourself up and putting us down! ;)

Why would I be bitter about you guys signing 2 players from one of the worst East Fife squad in years?

Think RB should be the main priority now, unless Little is planned on playing there then the priority would CB. Can see the starting 11 looking like this:

Morrison

RB - Travis - Little - Lindsay

Linn - Nicoll - Whatley - McBride

Murray - McManus

Think that team would do well in this division.

Not seen Johnstone but I would have him at left back if that's where he has been playing. Another striker too.

Why would I be bitter about you guys signing 2 players from one of the worst East Fife squad in years?

Your comments are laughable, we have signed your captain and McBride, TWO players from that squad, how many players do East Fife still have from that squad? :lol:

Not seen Johnstone but I would have him at left back if that's where he has been playing. Another striker too.

East Fife fans said that he was very poor at left back, his best position is left mid apparently.

i don't think he would be too happy being assistant again.

How not? I mean it's not as if he expected to be the manager anyway. He might not even want it, he works in a bank might not have as much spare time to be manager anyway?

How not? I mean it's not as if he expected to be the manager anyway. He might not even want it, he works in a bank might not have as much spare time to be manager anyway?

He applied for the job

He applied for the job

Obviously wants it then.... :lol:

Board will come to the right choice in the end then, Petrie ever managed before? Would he have any good contacts? In my opinion I'm no so sure about him getting the main job.

Some people dont seem to realise that when Sheerin was on the pitch, he was playing, not managing the team. Yes he occasionally talked to the bench, but Petrie was the one calling the shots from the sidelines.

Obviously before each game their would have been a gameplan, but when injuries and sending offs occured during some games, Petrie choose which player to put on, who came off and what formation to switch to.

Petrie has had some managerial experience. Dont see any problem with him getting the job. After all, Sheerin had ZERO experience in management before joining us.

av got it fae a very reliable source (as gid as the horsies mooth!) that big john coughlin and his team will be takin charge at arbroath. kens what it takes tae get out this division, never hud a chance with us wae nae budget and aw that. be a gid appointment hes got plenty contacts and knows this level inside oot, folk might worry at first but gi him a chance hes a gid guy and his team (alec connon & matt kerr) are gid lads tae

av got it fae a very reliable source (as gid as the horsies mooth!) that big john coughlin and his team will be takin charge at arbroath. kens what it takes tae get out this division, never hud a chance with us wae nae budget and aw that. be a gid appointment hes got plenty contacts and knows this level inside oot, folk might worry at first but gi him a chance hes a gid guy and his team (alec connon & matt kerr) are gid lads tae

if he rocks up at Gayfield, I will spend my Saturdays watching Jeff, John Coughlin and his team can GTF!

This may be bullshit but I would be ok with this appointment. Seems to know his way around the lower leagues

if he rocks up at Gayfield, I will spend my Saturdays watching Jeff, John Coughlin and his team can GTF!

Surely taking the piss? I will be at Gayfield regardless of who takes over. I dunno who you heard that from but I don't know much about the guy, imagine there will have been a lot of applicants.

Should be announced soon I would think?

Archived