Aberdeen v Motherwell - 11th May

Me and my mates are still trying to come up with travel arrangements. It's looking like we'll be pulling a name out a hat and one unlucky person will have to drive. It'll not be me because I'll not have the car :D Also I've got something on on the Saturday night so I'll be drinking off the hangover!

It should be a good game. Us having to go for the win, and Aberdeen (despite only needing a draw) will want to put on a show for the home crowd. End to end stuff with plenty of goals I'd imagine. I can't really see us winning unfortunately so if I were to put a bet on I'd go for 2-2.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be a good game. There's enough of a difference in the prize money to make it worth putting an effort in, plus the slightly later start to the season.

If you had offered any Dons fan a cup win, a second semi-final and a top 3 finish in the league last August, your hand would have been snatched off taking that.

Very much so with this Dons fan.

I must admit, I'd rather finish 3rd in the league having won the League Cup than finish 2nd with no trophy.

Aye, would have to agree, although it would be slightly disappointing to finish third with currently being second and having the last game at home.

But if we can't be runners-up, no better team than Motherwell to do so.

Very much so with this Dons fan.

Aye, would have to agree, although it would be slightly disappointing to finish third with currently being second and having the last game at home.

But if we can't be runners-up, no better team than Motherwell to do so.

Agreed, but can we please use their full title of :

Motherwell whohavedonesowellconsideringthedifferenceinsquadsizesandthefactthattheytheyhadsomanyplayersleaveoverthesummerblahdiddyfuckingblah FC

Agreed, but can we please use their full title of :

Motherwell whohavedonesowellconsideringthedifferenceinsquadsizesandthefactthattheytheyhadsomanyplayersleaveoverthesummerblahdiddyfuckingblah FC

article-2328494-19D54F96000005DC-512_468

Oh I see what you did there, good one mate.

Something tells me I'm gonna be way too hungover on Sunday to make it to this game. I want to go, but it's a mate's birthday on Saturday. If only it was an afternoon kick off (I'd still probably miss it)

Aberdeen join the list of pathetic clubs to ban the drum. Poor show.

Think i'll return to this thread on Sunday. No doubt we'll have a few pages of "Aberdeen are fucking shite pure banning the drum... am no gawn!" and "the Motherwell bois will be gutted at school on Monday now, min :lol: ..."

Who really gives a shit about a fucking drum? If you need a drum to get you up for this game and to "create some atmosphere" for you, there's something very wrong.

Who really gives a shit about a fucking drum? If you need a drum to get you up for this game and to "create some atmosphere" for you, there's something very wrong.

^^^Kens the score.

Over 15,000 tickets sold, should be a good atmosphere without any fucking musical instruments.

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20140509/aberdeen-v-motherwell-sunday-11th-may-1215pm-kick-off_2217950_3768534

Although I do recall an occasion, last season maybe, where 'well fans were treated really poorly by the Stewards at Pittodrie.

^^^Kens the score.

Over 15,000 tickets sold, should be a good atmosphere without any fucking musical instruments.

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20140509/aberdeen-v-motherwell-sunday-11th-may-1215pm-kick-off_2217950_3768534

Although I do recall an occasion, last season maybe, where 'well fans were treated really poorly by the Stewards at Pittodrie.

At the cup game last season - there was a Dons fans with a fucking Tuba or similar - ban the Tuba! :)

I'm not overly stressed about the drum thing although I've been a big supporter of the boys that are involved since they started a couple of seasons back. If clubs are banning it because they think it gives them some sort of small advantage, it's a bit fucking sad really. When he was at Fir PArk, it was Craig Brown's wheeze to put away fans in the top tier to stop them making a decent atmosphere in support of their team, so Motherwell have form on this also and so we can't be too precious about it - but to me, it's the opposite of what we should be encouraging...

I agree with that Swello. As I said in the St.Mirren thread a few weeks, the lads have been brilliant over the last few years.

What do people expect though when they learn the drum is not allowed in? That they'll need to sit in silence for 90 minutes? Just sing your heart out for 90 minutes. That's what the players will need - not a drum.

You don't need a drum to create atmosphere, but it certainly doesn't detract from the atmosphere either.

Just another example of Aberdeen being a big city, small team.

Archived