Aberdeen v Motherwell - 11th May

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Motherwell offered nothing to that game but they are very effective side. Brutal to watch, but effective.

Far be it from me to jump on the "but...but...but..." bandwagon, But that's a statement from the view of someone who see's us against their side. The amount of goals we've scored this season, not to mention the amount we have conceded, is evidence of the fact that we (as a side) are the exact opposite of what you say there. McCall's philosophy is to try and play football and take the game to teams, and be confident that we will have the ball in the net at the right end more than the wrong. Further backed up by the handful of absolute pumpings we have been on the sore end of, as a result of not bothering to defend even on days where the opponent has out-played us.

What we have learned though, is that we needed to be more adaptable. Yesterday's tactics weren't out usual ones, it was a game-plan for that specific match (keep it as tight as possible, don't concede, then with 20 mins to go try and nick something), and it worked perfectly....just! But by no means is that our "style of play" as im sure fans of other sides will testify. That's in part why it was such a satisfying way to win the game.

Be good if they could take those numbers with them more often.

We take those numbers on the road quite frequently, with the exception of Aberdeen, ICT and County.

That was never a goal but I thought Aberdeen dominated the second half of that match and a draw was the least they deserved. They made their own luck.

Motherwell deserved nothing yesterday and had about 1 attack the whole match.

Nonsense. It's either against the rules or it's not.

That was never a goal but I thought Aberdeen dominated the second half of that match and a draw was the least they deserved. They made their own luck.

Think back to the CIS Cup game this season in which you knocked us out. John Sutton's legitimate goal was ruled offside and apart from your goals that evening parked the bus, having gone down to 10 men, all behind the ball. We pounded your defence incessantly without success for most of the match.

I know its frustrating but that's football. We didn't attack much but come on we did have more than 1 attack.

Aberdeen have had a good season winning silverware and are on the up - is that not enough to be going on with?

So apparently it's ok for a bad refereeing descision to go against a team, so long as the other team 'deserves' it through playing well? :lol:

These things happen in football, we just happened to get the rub of the green yesterday and Aberdeen got it earlier in the season.

Travesty of a result, but had you offered me 3rd at the start of the league season I'd have been more than happy (let alone the "diddy" cup......let's remember what 1976's league cup win lead to!)

Only thing that grates about this is what a w****r McCall is........Motherwell have done really well (pun intended) but I can only see them going backward next season (sorry) compared to us, Utd, StJ, I just hope they do well in Yourope!

Motherwell have done really well (pun intended) but I can only see them going backward next season (sorry) compared to us, Utd, StJ, I just hope they do well in Yourope!

tbh people have been saying that for two years now.

tbh people have been saying that for two years now.

Well, we're bound to right eventually, then... :)

Yesterday's result might be a benefit to the Dons - if we had finished 2nd, that, coupled with the League Cup win would have been a very successful season. As it is, our post split results/performances have been poor(ish), so ending with a home defeat and "only" finishing 3rd may mean a more determined attitude next season.

And well done Motherwell, best of the rest - again!

I know, but aren't a lot of your 1st team out of contract or loanees?

Nah, just wishful thinking on your part.

Still, you might actually beat us once at Pittodrie next year.

I think I'd be more concerned with the fact that after the ball hit the bar, there were nine (9) Aberdeen players standing still watching the rest unfold, not one of them moved apart from Reynolds. Play to the whistle, eh lads?

^^^tears

Archived