Aberdeen v Motherwell - 11th May

I'd love it if every ref had to give an interview an hour after a game, may then put pressure on themselves to perform better.

"I didn't give a foul on the keeper because I didn't think it was a foul on the keeper. I considered giving a penalty for Reynolds' handball, but as Motherwell scored during the advantage I felt my decision was vindicated."

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Madwullie, Tweed

Points taken gents. Still think that the fact they're unaccountable isn't good.

If a player has a shite game he can get dropped. A manager on a bad run gets the tin tac.

I've seen some rank refereeing this season but the same guys still get the top games the following week.

I'm no lover of English football but at least the refs there get a wee trip to a lower league after a howler.

When Russel handled the ball into the Well net what were your thoughts? "Oh well, these things happen eh"

Missed my bus up from Ed to this one, so had to settle for the telly.

Firstly, well done Motherwell, fought til the end and looked a terrific away support. That drum doesn't half drive you mad, I guess that's the point. Even the commentators were getting annoyed at it!

Secondly, thought the display from the RDS was brilliant, tongue in cheek as that's the rejected design from Celtic Park. Hands up who was offended by it's sectarian nature?

As for the game, I thought there were a few key areas where we lost it.

Hayes was wasted at LB. He was our most dangerous attacker, and needed playing further up. I know we have injuries, but mabye Derek could have seen this and moved things around during the game, mabye shift Jack there and push Hayes up to the wing, dropping Robson back?

McGinn and Ryan Jack need to fuckin shoot. Jack gives me the impression of low confidence in his shooting, and to that I'd say get on the training ground and practice! If he works on it, he'll become better, and if he becomes better he'll be more confident! McGinn just baffles me. One week he's pinging them in from everywhere (ala Hibs away a few weeks ago) and the next he won't even shoot when 1 on 1 with the goalie!! Very strange player.

Obviously the decisions were key. The foul on Langfield is one that can be debated. I personally think it was a foul, but then, I would wouldn't I. It happens so fast and then there's an unholy stramash for the goal. I tend to forgive refs for missing decisions in stramashes, and they'll even themselves out over the season (Big Russ's goal v Well). However the Pawlett offside decision is absolutely atrocious. I was and still am raging about that one.

But I guess we never did enough to come second. Losses to the Jambos pretty much put paid to that. It's been a terrific season! Stand Free lads

post-51010-13998843773967_thumb.jpg

When Russel handled the ball into the Well net what were your thoughts? "Oh well, these things happen eh"

No - we were all raging about it but that is why we've got no embarrassment at all about getting the rub of the green yesterday as Anderson's foul(s) at Fir Park were if anything more blatant than yesterday's.

Secondly, thought the display from the RDS was brilliant, tongue in cheek as that's the rejected design from Celtic Park. Hands up who was offended by it's sectarian nature?

What was the display? Looked like a rising sun. What's the relevance, and why would it be considered sectarian.

Aye well that's what the guys organising it thought, only to turn up to Celtic Park with the designs and be told it was sectarian. Apparently one of the sides of the Irish troubles once used a sunburst design as a logo, with different colours and like 30 years ago.

So we couldn't use it for a design at the Cup Final.

Aye well that's what the guys organising it thought, only to turn up to Celtic Park with the designs and be told it was sectarian. Apparently one of the sides of the Irish troubles once used a sunburst design as a logo, with different colours and like 30 years ago.

You ought to be ashamed of yourselves................

I was amazed when that was banned from Parkhead. I grew up in the West of Scotland and thought I'd seen and heard all of that stuff - no-one I knew had heard of the "sunburst" connection. Nice display BTW.

Overall really pleased with the result. Celebrations at the end were mental.

Both sides can point to poor refereeing calls yesterday, but if we're being pedantic about that then we should have had a cast iron penalty, which in fairness, could have been missed or saved. We've been the victim of some poor and match changing refereeing decisions against Aberdeen this season so I don't feel guilty about yesterday.

Dons had the majority of the pressure but didn't really convert that possession into many chances, a couple of notable ones aside.

Both sides deserve to finish in the top 3 this season. No bitterness from the Dons fans we spoke to yesterday - fair dos.

I don't know how or when club budgets are set but I cannot imagine that Aberdeen's income hasn't improved by between 2 and 3 million quid this season

an extra 3,500 average attendance

2 good cup runs and the attendant income

improved league prize money of nearly £1M

If they can't at least match this season (in the league) then the mis-management is even worse than we thought

McInnes said the player budget is the same for next season as we need to sort out the debt. I agree we should have income at least by 2 million and would expect us to make at least 1/2 million profit this season and that is with one less home game in the league.

You didn't say they deserved it, you said they just about deserved it, clearly implying that 'someone else' deserved it more.

As a United fan, yes, I think they fully deserved to finish 2nd after a 38 game league format. Aberdeen's form hasn't exactly been imperious, has it?

no I certainly didn't think anyone else deserved it more than Motherwell.

we have not been in great form recently.but we have a win percentage of almost 60% across the season, It would be greedy to want more.

Awful game, great result!

Never managed to make the game but watched it in the pub. Scenes at the end were amazing, loved Big Craggs on BT sports analysis after game. Couldn't wipe the smile off the big mans face

That was never a goal but I thought Aberdeen dominated the second half of that match and a draw was the least they deserved. They made their own luck.

Motherwell deserved nothing yesterday and had about 1 attack the whole match.

When did Craig Reid join 'Well?

He's a great defender, wish we went for him.

We picked him up in February when we had a bit of an injury crisis in defence and he's been brilliant since then. We actually had him on trial over the summer and would've signed him if McManus hadn't accepted our offer.

It's worth noting that he hasn't been picking up a weekly wage from us (just appearances fees and bonuses etc.) and that goal he scored has netted us an extra 250K in prize money! McCall said he'll be getting a 2 year deal put in front of him, wholly deserved.

Archived