Aberdeen v Motherwell - 11th May

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so you will always remember an undeserved win to finish 1 place higher in the table.

That's why motherwell always have been and always will be a small club.

also the only top flight club to lose to the dross that is sevco

even a worse result than losing to Albion rovers.

icwlYnjHQr8ms.gif

Bearing in mind im not talking about one particular club or one particular destination....it's quite frankly not a lot of shite at all. St Johnstone were quite open about the fact that they made a loss.

It depends on who it is, who you're playing, what round it is....there are many variables. So my point that European competition is not automatically lucrative by default, stands.

I would however, suggest that if a Motherwell director is telling you the club made a profit of almost three quarters of a million (by your own figures, averaged) from Europe in 2009, and then again in 2010, then you're maybe a wee bit too trusting.

Maybe my turn of phrase was a wee bit strong. Another point to clarify as there has been a misunderstanding - not per game but per round. So nearer £350-400k for those runs.

What is not widely talked about is that Uefa also pay towards travelling expenses. Not sure how it is calculated but how would the likes of the Welsh and Irish teams that qualify each and every year afford to travel to the likes of Kazakhstan and Armenia. Most of the clubs in the 1st qualifying round would bankrupted by now.

My point is that qualifying can be very lucrative if the draw is kind.

Archived