Aberdeen v Motherwell - 11th May

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the thing about McCall simply that he's a an ex-Rangers player?

Like Derek McInnes?

In all seriousness, I do wonder if Motherwell can keep McCall should a bigger club come calling in summer. He definitely made the right move turning down Sheffield United, think he's earned a shot at a bigger club than them now.

mark my words I'm willing to bet my left nut Aberdeen and united will be ahead of motherwell next season :-)

I'm not laughing at you because I don't agree.....i'm laughing at you because I do! We all do!

You're sitting there talking as if any of us expected it to happen the first time, let alone 3 in a fucking row! (or 4 in the last 7 ;) ). It's like saying to a lottery winner, "I bet you don't win it again next week" Who gives a f**k!

I'm sure we'll all be gutted if we don't make it 4 in a row :lol: . What an absolute pie.

Think back to the CIS Cup game this season in which you knocked us out. John Sutton's legitimate goal was ruled offside and apart from your goals that evening parked the bus, having gone down to 10 men, all behind the ball. We pounded your defence incessantly without success for most of the match.

I know its frustrating but that's football. We didn't attack much but come on we did have more than 1 attack.

Aberdeen have had a good season winning silverware and are on the up - is that not enough to be going on with?

I thought that 'goal' was offside. The highlights really didn't show the incident clearly though so it's tough to comment. I could very well be wrong.

And you can't really compare parking the bus 10 men vs 11 in a cup tie to a must win league game 11 V 11.

Anyway you're right, Aberdeen can still be happy with their season and you must give credit to Well also for hitting 70 points in the league. Very impressive for anyone team not named Celtic.

mark my words I'm willing to bet my left nut Aberdeen and united will be ahead of motherwell next season :-)

We're going to have pretty much the same team next season so I don't know why you're so confident about your prediction.

Wishful thinking?

the amount of humpings united gave you and morton,lose many players again and it's gotta be tougher next time

First off, United gave us a few pumpings this season, yet we still managed to finish 12 points ahead of them. Those results don't count for next season btw.

Morton? I'll pass.

We'll probably only lose a few players this year, and they'll likely not be such key ones. Nothing compared to previous summers.

the amount of humpings united gave you

What bearing does that have on the next season? I'll answer it for you: none.

morton

We last played Morton over two years ago and won 6-0, are you alright?

lose many players again and it's gotta be tougher next time

Who are we going to be losing then? Hutch is probably gone, but the rest have all said they want to stay.

Like Derek McInnes?

In all seriousness, I do wonder if Motherwell can keep McCall should a bigger club come calling in summer. He definitely made the right move turning down Sheffield United, think he's earned a shot at a bigger club than them now.

Well I can't think of another reason to get stuck into McCall - happy to be enlightened though (interested to hear opinions of non-Dons fans too).

That McCall isn't away already is bizarre considering the offers that others have had in the past - but if the lack of hype surrounding 'Well is the reason for that, then I'm quite content with it :) I've got a sneaking suspicion that McCall is at the "right" club at the moment and I'm not necessarily sure that what he's done for us would translate to a big club. Butcher is the one that is the best example of that I think - the only two clubs he's done well at are relatively small, very tight-knit clubs with pretty low expectation levels where there is considerably less scrutiny. I think to impose yourself on a bigger club takes a different personality and attributes (which is precisely why I thought McInnes was a worthy winner of MOTY by the way)..

You could donate it to your team, the lack of balls they had yesterday was there for all to see.

When was the last time motherwell won a trophy,is this what all this seethe is about

Early 90's mate. Round about the same time Aberdeen last managed to break into the top 2.

I am absolutely seething at finishing 2nd btw. I can't even begin to imagine how seething you Aberdeen fans must be with 3rd place

When was the last time motherwell won a trophy,is this what all this seethe is about

Ah - I see what you've done. You've mixed up the word "seethe" with the phrase "basking in the warm glow of a record breaking season". Easily done :)

I see some Dons fans are still smarting...

Probably will finish above us next season. In fact you should probably have done it the last 4-5 seasons.

The fact that you have not and have not beaten us in the league at Pittodrie for nigh on 6 years should be the key talking points...

Archived