Aberdeen v Motherwell - 11th May

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Travesty of a result, but had you offered me 3rd at the start of the league season I'd have been more than happy (let alone the "diddy" cup......let's remember what 1976's league cup win lead to!)

Only thing that grates about this is what a w****r McCall is........Motherwell have done really well (pun intended) but I can only see them going backward next season (sorry) compared to us, Utd, StJ, I just hope they do well in Yourope!

Is the thing about McCall simply that he's a an ex-Rangers player? He's one of the most respectful managers in the league and hasn't to my knowledge indulged in the kind of reality defying shite that you get from Adams, etc - not sure what he's done...

In terms of us going backwards - it's kind of inevitable if you finish in the highest possible position 2 or 3 years in a row. For me, truly going backwards would entail finishing outside the top 6 and I don't see that happening next year as our budget and squad should be stable..

Aberdeen Evening Express have taken the result well too, tear stained headlines screaming "why isn't this a foul?" Next to a picture of Clangers flapping. Stay classy Aberdeen.

Even as an ex bun, Swello's right, McCall's generally pretty classy and respectful. He's like chalk and cheese compared to roasters like Adams.

Anything otherwise screams of sour grapes from the Dons.

Is the thing about McCall simply that he's a an ex-Rangers player? He's one of the most respectful managers in the league and hasn't to my knowledge indulged in the kind of reality defying shite that you get from Adams, etc - not sure what he's done...

In terms of us going backwards - it's kind of inevitable if you finish in the highest possible position 2 or 3 years in a row. For me, truly going backwards would entail finishing outside the top 6 and I don't see that happening next year as our budget and squad should be stable..

He's been bleating about refereeing decisions all season.

Aberdeen Evening Express have taken the result well too, tear stained headlines screaming "why isn't this a foul?" Next to a picture of Clangers flapping. Stay classy Aberdeen.

The EE is a rag that no sane person would give a second glance.

The EE is a rag that no sane person would give a second glance.

First, and only, glance is okay though yeah?

I swear I only had one glance. Promise.

A lot of this is getting a bit petty.

Most Dons fans I spoke to wish Motherwell all the best.

Yes, we're sore at the referee. Coming off the back of the penalty incident at Celtic park has possibly made the sense of injustice greater.

Frustrated that we dominated but couldn't finish the job off. Annoyed Lasley niggled his way through 90 mins with no punishment, again.

Pissed off the players didn't shoot more.

But third and a cup after the last few years?

Its early days in Derek's tenure and we'll learn from that and get better.

Motherwell are very street wise, came to do a stifling job and it worked. Credit to them.

Archived