Aberdeen v Motherwell - 11th May

Well I am now heading up as there is still something to play for.

What is the score. Pay at the gate or all ticket?

Quite relaxed about the outcome. Will party whatever.

Personally I would prefer an extra round in Europe.

It is Aberdeen's to lose as they have been second for most of this year.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huge game.

Well done to Motherwell for keeping up the pace with the famous.

Hopefully you boy's bring a big crowd up. Atmosphere will be buzzing.

Oh wait.....Sunday @ 1215 :(

Yep. I agree with the Well fans. We are rubbish and it's totally unexplainable how we've done so well, I mean finishing above the brilliant Scotland's future Dundee Utd and now we're close to Celtic's next challengers

Nothing to see here. Move on. We're just so happy not to be relegated.

© Daily Record.

Haven't lost at Pittodrie since Maros Klimpl played for us.

Quite a record, really.

Despite our good home record this year, I'm actually happier that this is at Pittodrie as we've had some good times there in the 6-odd years since we've been beaten and I guess the pressure will be on Aberdeen more than us. Aberdeen's support is superb away from home - but I've always found them pretty quiet at Pittodrie (probably more so in a 12:15 sunday kickoff) - so I'd rather that than the South Stand at Fir Park hoaching with them as has been the case in the cup defeats the last couple of years.

Team looked knackered at the end tonight - interesting to see what we've got left in the tank on Sunday..

Should be a good game. There's enough of a difference in the prize money to make it worth putting an effort in, plus the slightly later start to the season.

If you had offered any Dons fan a cup win, a second semi-final and a top 3 finish in the league last August, your hand would have been snatched off taking that.

One last push needed by the Dons.

Yip, they're knackered, few injuries to key players but hopefully the incentive of an extra fortnight on holiday is enough to give us the edge.

Quite pleased Well actually need to go for it. Boxing Day game against Well showed how much Dons can struggle if teams just sit in.

A big crowd would be good too but Motherwell don't tend to travel in big numbers and its an arsehole of a KO time. Still to find out what time our supporters bus leaves.

Dons fans, is the Golf Club open for pints and shitey chips at 11am? Please say yes.

Heading up to this one. Making a weekend of it and heading to Highland League Cup Final on the Saturday in Keith. As others have said glad Well have to come at us as Dons have struggled when teams have sat in against us. The more open the game the more confident I am that Dons will win this.

I'm starting this booze fuelled day at 10am.

A runners up spot in the league would be a fine finish to a great season.

COYR!

Let's get the pleasantries out the way, both teams have had a fantastic season. Aberdeen are back in Europe, have won a cup and made the semi-final in the other cup. Motherwell have finished in the top 3 for the 3rd consecutive season, a remarkable achievement considering the turnover of players we've had.

If there is a winner in this match, that team will break the 70 (seventy!) point barrier in the league. A tremendous achievement.

As others have said, we look knackered. The last 2 games have all been about holding on, but thankfully we've done it. Can we go for one more game? I certainly hope so.

In true Kevin Keegan style, I'd love it (love it!) if we picked up the 3 points on Sunday to nick 2nd, but it isn't the worst thing in the world if we don't. However, the extra £250k we'd get could us an extra player or two or help us give us the players we do have a new, better deal.

We've spent the majority of the season grinding out wins, doing things the hard way. But f**k it, I'm saying we'll do it on style on Sunday. :thumsup2

Aberdeen 1-3 Motherwell (Sutton, Ainsworth, Anier).

Hollis

Reid Hutchinson McManus Hammell

Ainsworth Lasley Leitch Vigurs

Sutton Anier

I must admit, I'd rather finish 3rd in the league having won the League Cup than finish 2nd with no trophy.

Can't wait for this with it being the 2nd/3rd decider. Only thing that is disappointing is the Sunday 12:15 KO as i'm sure it'll affect the Motherwell fans' turnout. Only saving grace may be that it's the last game of the season so a fair few 'well fans may come up North for the weekend and boost the numbers.

I'm the same as Deky. I'd have snapped up 3rd and a cup like a 4am kebab at the start of the season, but if we lose on Sunday i'll be hugely disappointed. I want us to go out and win this convincingly, ending the season on a high and in the position I think we have shown ourselves to be in this league. Many said at the beginning of the season that the team Derek had put together had the potential to get a good league finish. Now we're here at the end, so lets secure that position and remove the word 'potential' when discussing this team's ability/quality.

Other Dandies (and i'm sure there will be some if we lose) can shove their 'oh well, at least we won the cup'. Sack that. After a season like we've had, compared to the recent years of pish, we should all be disappointed if we don't get 2nd. I'll applaud the team at the end of the game on Sunday, regardless of the result, but i'll still be going home with a certain level of seethe if we're pipped to 2nd.

We've won a trophy, that monkey is off our back now. But why settle for that? Why not try and kick on and see where Derek can take us? If we want to do that, then it starts on Sunday by putting a marker down by finishing 2nd in the league.

I must admit, I'd rather finish 3rd in the league having won the League Cup than finish 2nd with no trophy.

Completely true. I wouldn't take a shite season for a LC win - but to finish 3rd, get into Europe and lift a cup would be as near perfect as it's possible to get...

On our turnout on Sunday - I'll be interested to see what happens. We took at least a couple of thousand to Perth (I ended up in the overflow bit behind the goals) for a 12:15 sunday kick-off last season with nothing at stake other than to see a great 'Well team for the last time. This weekend's game is a longer journey but with the potential to be a really memorable game...

I know quite a few Well fans including myself that are now making the trip since there is something at stake. Had we drawn last night I think you would have been lucky to see more than a few hundred. Now I would expect nearer 1000.

No pressure on us. Still don't see us winning which we need to do - based on last night's performance. Aberdeen have only lost 1 in 10 games and 3 this year...

I want an extra European trip anyway :thumsup2

Archived