Kenny Shiels away

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
vikingTON, on 06 May 2014 - 19:17, said:

Shiels' record as manager was significantly better (but still very poor) than Moore's when he left the club. The above claim is demonstrably false.

What a state you got yourself in on here after you beat us at Cappielow(1st time in a good few years), pity it never counted for anything :-). Give us a wave when you are passing through Dundee on your way to league games against Peterhead, Brechin & Forfar.

Had we only conceded five or six - maybe even seven or eight - on Saturday he'd have been here next season, but a result like that was always going to be near enough impossible to come back from.

With hindsight, I think SpoonTon called it spot on throughout Shiels' time in charge: he wasn't the right man to get us a short term turnaround. Personally I think with a full summer to build his own squad and work with players there was a decent chance of him coming good and being a good long term manager, but at the same time his record to date was horrendous - although he was better than Moore - and you can't argue with him going.

The problem of course is that we're now about to go onto our ninth manager in Douglas Rae's thirteen years in charge, and none of the previous incumbents have been successes. There's a high likelihood of him going and appointing someone even worse and although being such a farce of a club we were never going to comfortably come back up from League One at the first attempt as other full time sides have done in recent years, I'm sure Shiels would have had us up there at least. Now there's a very real danger Rae will shamble into appointing David Hopkin, Peter Weatherson or someone else purely on the basis that they used to play for Morton and we find ourselves following the Clyde trajectory. Rae is far too arrogant to accept he's fucked up time and time again so he'll never allow someone else to choose the manager.

Sheils is an idiot and should be nowhere near a football club. Anyone who saw his old twitter account knows what I'm talking about.

Oh my

Billy Dodds for Morton lol

You jest, but we once appointed James Grady with Allan McManus as assistant. A managerial team of Billy Dodds and Derek Ferguson would probably provide more tactical nous than that pairing.

What a state you got yourself in on here after you beat us at Cappielow(1st time in a good few years), pity it never counted for anything :-). Give us a wave when you are passing through Dundee on your way to league games against Peterhead, Brechin & Forfar.

I think you need a new sat-nav.

The guy is clearly a cock but that result on Saturday had absolutely nothing to do with him.

What are you slavering about now ? :lol:

He was the manager of course it had something to do with him.

Here's a Tribute song for him going.

I hope he likes TENacious D.

Morten singing a wee song about the hunt for a new manager here

Archived