Greenock Morton 2014/2015 Thread

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Supposedly we've offered contracts to Gaston, O'Ware, Taggart, Imrie and Campbell and released McCormack, Sampayo, Cole, Robertson, O'Brien, Wallace, Vine and O'Connor. Still to be confirmed but should be in the Greenock Telegraph.

Supposedly we've offered contracts to Gaston, O'Ware, Taggart, Imrie and Campbell and released McCormack, Sampayo, Cole, Robertson, O'Brien, Wallace, Vine and O'Connor. Still to be confirmed but should be in the Greenock Telegraph.

That's a pity about O'Brien. The rest I'm happy to see the back of.

His season-long injury problems were likely decisive. Shame as we've never replaced the ability to get goals from midfield, which will be absolutely crucial to sustaining any challenge next season.

Turns out those mentioned haven't definitely been released, but the Tele says it's 'unlikely' they'll be staying. Only O'Brien's a loss really. Vine could be excellent when he was trying but that wasn't often, Cole had some good moments but isn't a tenth of the player he thinks he is.

As big an IF as there is in football but if O'Connor does re-sign and can get himself in reasonable nick then he will have this league for his breakfast.

As big an IF as there is in football but if O'Connor does re-sign and can get himself in reasonable nick then he will have this league for his breakfast.

Well given we're not offering him a deal and he'll never be fit, that's not really a sound observation.

Vertical stripes are a lot more slimming than hoops, that must be his motivation.

I think it's more that Dunfermline must be one of the few places left in which he's allowed in to the clubs.

Jim Duffy is an infinitely better manager than Mark Roberts, but it is like comparing dog shit & cat shit to be honest.

If Dunfermline are seriously going for O'Connor it hopefully means "The Moff" has told them to shove their offer up their arse.

Happy with the 5 players being offered deals. Hopefully they accept although I wouldn't be surprised if imrie signs for a championship team. Really hope Campbell isn't going to be our main striker as I'm not totally convinced he can score 20 goals a season. Of the players released I'd maybe have taken a gamble on obrien although he's really struggled with injury this season. Duffy really needs to move quickly to get a squad together for the new season.

Archived