Greenock Morton 2014/2015 Thread

I'm quite stunned that Morton are going to be in League 1 next season as I thought they had a very good team when I saw a few games at the start of the season. Big, big manager appointment coming up. I;d say the 4 players signed for next season are all very good and a good basis to build a squad around. There's 4/5 other good players in the squad that are just too good for League 1. I'm expecting Morton to be battling it out with either Fife club next season at the top of the table. Dunfermline might be too much for them but I think with Cowden's lack of fans they'd probably manage to win the league ahead of them.

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know if Luke Irvine will be kept on for next season?

He's not featured much for the reserves so I presume so. I think he's made the first team bench once- Renfrewshire cup final against St Mirren at the start of the season.

If I was a Morton fan, I wouldn't turn my nose up at a proven lower league goal scorer, the O'Connor's and Vines of the world a dug meat anyway.

I wouldn't turn my nose up at it but we did end up with Chris Templeman and Bobby Linn last time we took that approach.

Archie Campbell will be next season's top goal scorer anyway.

Archived