Greenock Morton 2014/2015 Thread

There is zero hope in hell for any of these guys to be first team regulars with McCoist at the helm.

He has no trust in these guys and will continue to build his teams around the McCulloch's, Daly's, Millers's of the world.

So sad.

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mckay might be a bit better with 6 months regular first team football under his belt.

Haven't been that impressed with Crawford although tbf have only seen glimpses last season. It's a case of anyone will do though. Plus he should be fine at this level.

Also inaccurate, it was a 10k.

My mistake. Although it still proves his fitness levels are impressive. More impressive than the video on Youtube of him doing 1000 keepy-ups with a tennis ball. :)

If he can't get a game for that team you have the now, what hope has he got when you start spending ridiculous amounts again?

Fair point but the hope is that he'll keep improving as a player. He has great potential and I have no doubt he'll bring more to the Greenock Morton team than McKay did.

My mistake. Although it still proves his fitness levels are impressive. More impressive than the video on Youtube of him doing 1000 keepy-ups with a tennis ball. :)

Fair point but the hope is that he'll keep improving as a player. He has great potential and I have no doubt he'll bring more to the Greenock Morton team than McKay did.

That's probably a given.

McKay was a complete waste of a jersey.

I think he's been alright, he started off quite slowly but has looked a tad better recently. Likes getting forward but can be dodgy defensively like most full backs. I genuinely thought he was a left back with Accies, he's played right back every game for us.

That's probably a given.

McKay was a complete waste of a jersey.

It's a bit of a mystery why he hasn't played more for Rangers and there's been a lot of speculation regarding a rumoured lack of discipline. Maybe, if that is indeed true, he wasn't happy at being loaned to Morton so didn't give 100%? Then again, motivation was probably an issue for the whole Morton team at that point, so moving to a club where the morale is very low maybe has a negative effect on a signing?

All I know is he's been one of the best players to come through the ranks at Rangers in recent times but it's just not working out for him. And I find it hard to believe his stagnation is down to suddenly being a poor footballer.

Crawford will be a better signing for Morton. A large part of that, though, will be playing for Morton won't be as depressing an environment to work in compared to the last league campaign. A team playing with confidence helps developing players improve their game. And hopefully, Morton and Rangers will benefit from that.

Quick question...

Has a Morton game ever been broadcast live on TV? If so, when was the last time?

Feel like I'm being lured into some sort of trap here...

Think the last time was a 1st Divison match against Thsitle at Firhill on BBC Alba. Think it must have been early 2010. I can't think of too many others off the top of my head, Celtic in the cup in '99.

Think the last time was a 1st Divison match against Thsitle at Firhill on BBC Alba. Think it must have been early 2010. I can't think of too many others off the top of my head, Celtic in the cup in '99.

Both right there.

The Celtic game was on Sky Sports.

Was there a cup game against at home to Motherwell shown live on sky?

Good shout - that was the replay in 1991 (the year Motherwell won it).

We humped them 1-1 and lost 5-4 on penalties.

Jock Brown and Andy Gray commentated on Sky Sports, whose coverage actually missed the opening few minutes.

Good shout - that was the replay in 1991 (the year Motherwell won it).

We humped them 1-1 and lost 5-4 on penalties.

Jock Brown and Andy Gray commentated on Sky Sports, whose coverage actually missed the opening few minutes.

I was the mascot that night. Had set the vhs to record the game and it missed my 5 mins of fame!

think Pickys penalty from that night is still up in the air.

Not at all, just a discussion I'd had elsewhere.

The only other team to miss out on the Newco gravy train of live league matches was Albion Rovers, and they got live cup games against them instead.

Archived