Greenock Morton 2014/2015 Thread

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

20 goals in 52 appearances for us in the top two leagues was a decent return. Has seemed a bit injury prone lately though (says the Pars fan pinning his hopes on the perma-injured Ryan Wallace).

Whats your opinions of campbell ? Pressley wanted him a few years back and at that time I was quite happy for him to sign as he had always caused us problems with his pace but he hasn't really scored alot of goals for yous.

His pace is overrated on the basis of the last 12 months, in which he was like pretty much everyone else, useless. Given that recent record it'd be difficult to come to an accurate judgement, but I'd be surprised if he got more than one more crack at a lower Championship side.

So Morton fans, how do you reckon Morton will get on this season? What would you see as being a success ? Only first place, or would you consider a play-off spot a minimum?

I'm just curious of your opinion.

How about Barrowman?

For what its worth, I fancy Morton to finish third and make it up via the playoffs. It's a tough old league this one. I think Duffy will see Morton ok though, for this season anyway.

I hope Barrowman stays fit and bangs in loads of goals you. Very underrated in my opinion. He was one of my favourite players at the Pars.

I hope your pitch is up to the same standard as usual. The best pitch I've ever seen a few years back.

Good luck!

I assume you expect your team to come first so I am interested in who you expect to come in second place?

The pitch is in fantastic condition as always with Mark Farrell looking after it.

We seem to have made a few decent signings, but I'll wait for the end of the first quarter before I form any real opinion of where we might finish.

I hope Andy Barrowman does well for us, he has certainly done well enough against us in the past.

So Morton fans, how do you reckon Morton will get on this season? What would you see as being a success ? Only first place, or would you consider a play-off spot a minimum?

How about Barrowman?

For what its worth, I fancy Morton to finish third and make it up via the playoffs. It's a tough old league this one. I think Duffy will see Morton ok though, for this season anyway.

I hope Barrowman stays fit and bangs in loads of goals you. Very underrated in my opinion. He was one of my favourite players at the Pars.

I hope your pitch is up to the same standard as usual. The best pitch I've ever seen a few years back.

Good luck!

So long as we are decent, and can put last seasons debacle behind us I'll be satisfied. With the number of management and player changes, I have no idea how we'll get on. Pitch looked great last week when I was down. Hopefully we can make the playoffs. Enjoy your season.

How about Barrowman?

Good luck!

Play offs has to be the minimum target but whether the team presently being assembled can do that, I have no idea. Apart from Barrowman we have signed a lot of unknown quantities from the second and third division albeit a good few of them well regarded by fans of their previous teams. How they deal with full time football/the step up is an unknown but experience says that if half the summer signings come good we will be doing well.

PS. Dunfermline's position as favourites is well justified with most of the squad that easily finished second retained and some reasonable looking signings.

His pace is overrated on the basis of the last 12 months, in which he was like pretty much everyone else, useless. Given that recent record it'd be difficult to come to an accurate judgement, but I'd be surprised if he got more than one more crack at a lower Championship side.

Worse players than him continually get chances at Championship level, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him hang around there for a while yet.

I assume you expect your team to come first so I am interested in who you expect to come in second place?

The pitch is in fantastic condition as always with Mark Farrell looking after it.

We seem to have made a few decent signings, but I'll wait for the end of the first quarter before I form any real opinion of where we might finish.

I hope Andy Barrowman does well for us, he has certainly done well enough against us in the past.

Glad to hear the pitch is still quality. This Mark Farrell guy, is worth his weight in gold. I do expect us to finish first, we know what to expect with the league and we finished second comfortably, last season. The new signings will see us over the finishing line first. Hopefully that doesn't sound arrogant.

I have a feeling that Forfar, Airdrie and Morton will take up the playoff spots. I don't have any basis for that though, I just reckon thats how it will end .

Glad to hear the pitch is still quality. This Mark Farrell guy, is worth his weight in gold. I do expect us to finish first, we know what to expect with the league and we finished second comfortably, last season. The new signings will see us over the finishing line first. Hopefully that doesn't sound arrogant.

I have a feeling that Forfar, Airdrie and Morton will take up the playoff spots. I don't have any basis for that though, I just reckon thats how it will end .

Why would you make predictions on no basis whatsoever? Bizarre.

Airdrie will be lucky to avoid 9th unless they drastically improve their squad for starters.

Archived