Greenock Morton 2014/2015 Thread

Mikey Miller is a tremendous signing (and to be honest I'm pretty upset we didn't get him back) He didn't have a bad game for us and can play any position in defence or in defensive midfield. I honestly thought he'd go to a lower end Premiership team. Hope he does well at you guys, if he plays as well as he did last season he'll walk this league.

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Season Ticket prices are finally out for 14/15.

I, for one, am delighted to pay the exact same as last season.

How much did you pay we were in this leagues equivalent?

Exactly the same.

Mikey Miller is a tremendous signing (and to be honest I'm pretty upset we didn't get him back) He didn't have a bad game for us and can play any position in defence or in defensive midfield. I honestly thought he'd go to a lower end Premiership team. Hope he does well at you guys, if he plays as well as he did last season he'll walk this league.

Very reassuring to read this.

We're set to sign 2 new players - Connor Pepper, 20 year old midfielder who was with Inverness Caley Thistle last 2 seasons, and Stefan Milojevic, a 23 year old centre half of Serbian descent, who was with Airdrie last season.

http://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/sport/morton/articles/2014/06/10/500786-exclusive-morton-set-to-secure-double-signing/

Stumbling in a bit late with this but Pepper looked at one point like he might become a player for us. He signed from St Patrick's Athletic youth system and was flagged to figure in the youths but found his way onto the bench for a game at Tynecastle early in 2012 and came on to score a last minute equaliser, a back post tap in that he was well positioned for and couldn't really miss.

Next time out he came on in a rather unpromising situation - 4-0 down at home to Celtic with ten minutes to go. Despite this he managed to impress with two excellent assists for Ross Drapers consolation goals, one a brillaint chipped pass from 35 yards into Draper's feet. He made late sub appearences in most games until Butcher threw him into the starting XI against Hibs at Easter Road. Strange as it may seem Hibs were having a better start to the season than Caley at that point and raced into a two goal lead in the first half, buoyed by the potentia for going top of the league with three points. Pepper, playing wide, pulled us back into the match with a brilliant goal. Chasing down a speculative ball forward he outmuscled the much larger Alan Maybury and having won the ball buried it in the bottom corner of the net. We came back to draw 2-2 and a lot of people thought Pepper was looking like a real prospect.

After this though the excitement faded. He found it hard toget a start in our 4-2-3-1 line up, with Aaron Doran, Richie Foran and Phil Roberts all ahead of him in the pecking order for the wide roles. I think that he found it difficult to compete physically, he was only 17 and relatively small. He suffered a knee injury around Christmas and only managed to get back into the side for the defeat at County that saw us lose out on third spot. We were a team running on empty at that point, with a cobbled together side shredded by injury and suspension. Looking back the inclusion of Pepper is indicative of this and he had a very poor game wide in Dingwall.

Last season he didn't play for the first team but began to drop deeper and play in a holding midfield role for the reserves. Those who watched him theer say he did himself no harm with his dispalys but more fitness concerns were also voiced and no-one was really surprised when he wasn't given a new deal.

Like McCluskey, Crighton is a great player for League 2. I was thoroughly impressed last season and I think he can make the step up. Nonetheless he's another guy who is probably better suited for mid-table consolidation for League 1 rather than banking on him being able to hit the ground running.

Congratulations on the signing of mikey miller. Hes a cracking player. He was arguably the best player on the park when we played Aberdeen in the scottish cup. He should breeze league one. Wouldve loved him to sign for us but the lure of full time os obviously a huge draw for the guy

Archived