Greenock Morton 2014/2015 Thread

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regardless of our signing targets, today is a day of celebration. Airdrie are another side who'll be aiming for the playoffs and the fact that Marc Fitzpatrick will be playing for them is tremendous news which weakens them gigantically. He's fucking horrendous.

Feel free to compare and contrast our signing targets with those Dunfermline have already snapped up - only one club is taking next season's title push seriously, the other has pretty much settled for complete and utter mediocrity.

Which is to be expected when bringing in a manager and potentially the players of a club that finished mid-table in the bottom tier.

.Tell me VT who are our signing targets? Our official signing targets that is, not names spouted about an unofficial messageboard?

I've seen Duffy mentioned Mckay at Annan, who is also wanted by the mighty Dunfermline, but apart from that, Duffy hasn't discussed who he is looking at in the press.

Since you know our signing targets- who are they?

Mcdonald certainly good enough ,dont think mccluskey is .but I'm certain duffy will go for him ,as he thought stef could do no wrong .even when walked out at half time once because he was dropped ,his position was playing in the hole of another striker

.Tell me VT who are our signing targets? Our official signing targets that is, not names spouted about an unofficial messageboard?

I've seen Duffy mentioned Mckay at Annan, who is also wanted by the mighty Dunfermline, but apart from that, Duffy hasn't discussed who he is looking at in the press.

Since you know our signing targets- who are they?

I very much doubt McKay is actually wanted at Dunfermline, having snapped up last season's top scorer at this level instead. As it is, Morton are quite clearly interested in McKay and this McCluskey character. Two no-marks from a lower level: and these are the targets out there in the public domain. Who knows what dross is being kept behind the scenes.

I very much doubt McKay is actually wanted at Dunfermline, having snapped up last season's top scorer at this level instead. As it is, Morton are quite clearly interested in McKay and this McCluskey character. Two no-marks from a lower level: and these are the targets out there in the public domain. Who knows what dross is being kept behind the scenes.

Who exactly would you like us to sign? I know you are not keen on the likes of McKay and mccluskey but who realistically would you like to see us approach?

Who exactly would you like us to sign? I know you are not keen on the likes of McKay and mccluskey but who realistically would you like to see us approach?

I'm not expecting an answer to that. While quick to criticise the 'clown' of a manager (and Chairman) - VT rarely shares his expertise on these matters. He would have far more credibility if he was able to give them advice before hand, rather than operate with 20/20 hindsight, as usual.

I think any of Dunfermline's signings would have been more suitable than the dross we're rummaging around for, but more generally, seeking to identify released players from much higher levels in Scottish football - particularly at the youth/first-team cutoff, as well as trying to make effective use of the loan system.

There is absolutely no prospect of building a capable League One side with midtable League Two fodder, from the managerial position down.

I'm not expecting an answer to that. While quick to criticise the 'clown' of a manager (and Chairman) - VT rarely shares his expertise on these matters. He would have far more credibility if he was able to give them advice before hand, rather than operate with 20/20 hindsight, as usual.

I'm afraid I'm not in the business of taking lectures on credibility from the gullible mug content to happy-clap the chairman, a string of managers and bloated duds like Peter Weatherson without ever raising serious scrutiny.

According to the tele, 2 out of the 3 remaining players yet to sign will tell us their decision by the end of the week. I can imagine the one who hasn't decided is Imrie and rightly so. I'd love him to sign on for another year but I really don't see it happening, he is too good for league 1.

Off topic a bit, but is the Morton unofficial site out of service. I haven't been able to get on to it since yesterday.

When I tried it today, it seemed to have disappeared completely.

It's been offline since early yesterday morning. They are doing updates, new server I think.

Archived