Montrose FC 2014/15

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello. I have recently been attempting my own short previews for the new season. I decided to try and do every single SPFL team and have just finished my last four from League Two. I know these brief previews do not go into the amazing detail from blogs like THHP but I have enjoyed writing them and if people could give them a look it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, and please do leave any feedback or comments plus more importantly if you see any mistakes please let me know (in particular involving the players in and out parts, some information is very difficult to find!)

Montrose - Link

Actually our big weakness is going forward. Gary Wood tries his best but who knows where his talent fell out of his pocket. Bryan Deasley has looked utterly disinterested so far and doesn't even make the starting XI.

Defensively we are OK-ish for this level with one or two not bad players, and in Stuart MacKenzie we have a reliable and consistent goalie. So I think you've got it the wrong way round. We have the makings of a decent defence and the squad is choked with midfielders, but who knows where our goals will come from.

Hello. I have recently been attempting my own short previews for the new season. I decided to try and do every single SPFL team and have just finished my last four from League Two. I know these brief previews do not go into the amazing detail from blogs like THHP but I have enjoyed writing them and if people could give them a look it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, and please do leave any feedback or comments plus more importantly if you see any mistakes please let me know (in particular involving the players in and out parts, some information is very difficult to find!)

Montrose - Link

Finishing 9th!!!!

Surely we're much better than Clyde! ;)

Top of the league! Haha

It's true! Good win for the Smokies as well today. See you later this month hopefully in a top of the league battle. I'd love to see us both up there.

PS: Don't some of those scum posters from other clubs make you puke?

It's true! Good win for the Smokies as well today. See you later this month hopefully in a top of the league battle. I'd love to see us both up there.

PS: Don't some of those scum posters from other clubs make you puke?

Always great to start with a win so maybe by the time it comes round to it we will both be up there. We still have some improvements to make I imagine we are terribly short in defence.

Look forward to the 30th. Not long now.

How's young Sturrock's chances looking this season?

One of the great mysteries last year under Stuart Garden was that Sturrock was not used on a regular basis as a substitute and getting a game for the last 10 - 20 mins. On paper this year he is further down the pecking order. But that is just on paper. Despite being Scotland's top league scorers, so far, this year all is not well up front for us. I would expect Sturrock is given a chance to prove himself sooner rather than later.

That's if they let you in. It's a 'closed door' friendly

Well the door was wide fucking open. ;):lol:

Mate scored, must be the 1st boy to score on links with an AFC championship winning badge tattooed on his leg??? :lol:

Montrose looked ok, obviously never had there full team on all at the one point but they all played a part I think, half about, obviously only just a friendly but Terry is a good player and McCord/Wood but other than that was a pretty standard game.

Broughty looked ok and Paul Lunan would easily still do a job in the 3rd, easily, best player on the park.

Finished 3-1 to Montrose, Broughty went 1 up, Montrose had most of the ball though but never really made a chance till they scored after an hour or so, good bit of skill and a good cross from 'Stevie'? Second was awful defending but a good poacher goal from Wood and 3rd was a pen which was never ever a pen.

Decent enough game.

Good to hear. Look better at cb or lb?

Only played one competitive game at left back but in my opinion looks better there but been happy with his performances so far overall.

Archived