Christian Nade

Quite a lot of Dee threads floating about and it's understandable, but I imagine it can be quite annoying for other supporters. This can probably be contained within the Dundee thread, but I felt the big man was well worth a thread of his own because the transformation in him has been quite simply fantastic.

Long been a laughing stock in Scottish Football, when his dodgy deal with East Fife didn't work out and he headed to Dens under John Brown's management, most thought the worst.

Fast forward 5 months and he's been a revelation. The fat and lazy jibe that he so often used to get tarred with simply is not true. The way he can bring a ball under control from a 50 yard hoof up the park be it with his chest or his feet is quite simply sublime, and up there with the best in the top division. Yesterday was just one example where he held the ball up brilliantly and the Dumbarton players simply couldn't get near him such was his strength.

Whether he's good enough for the Premiership or not remains to be seen, but if he stays with Dundee I'm sure he'll cultivate the cult hero status he already enjoys or if he joins another Championship club, you can be sure you'll be getting a wholehearted, humble player who as long as he isn't played up top on his own - Will make a real difference.

I've long since said Beattie is probably the more effective player, but over the course of this half season, Nade has proved me wrong.

Here's his interview with the Courier:

I have kept every bottle I have won. I don’t know how many I have got, 10 maybe at home. I have never touched alcohol in my life but I maybe feel like it after 
winning the league!

“It is a dream come true because I came back to play and to show I could do it at a good level. I have to thank Dundee for helping to get me back to my best — the coach, staff and fans.

“They were behind me all the time. They always pushed me and I was happy I could help them get a result.

”People say I am fat and lazy, it is always the same things. I just wanted to show them I am not fat. This is the fittest I have been.

“It was completely different playing here for Dundee than it was for me at Hearts because I was playing up front on my own. I prefer to play with a second striker.

“I am out of contract now and I have to speak to my agent, so we will see. Of course I would like to stay. I like being here, the coaches are very nice and the staff are perfect.

“I am going away for a charity event and so I am sure Dundee will speak to my agent.”

The Dundee fans were chanting Nade’s name throughout the game but the striker said he is bashful about the adoration.

He added: “Yes, it is nice but I am a shy person. I get embarrassed and that is why I put my head down.”

Just felt the big man was worth a thread of his own, considering the stick he gets beat with by a lot of the opposition and at one point, a lot of Dees.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nade has been a revelation - genuinely. 90% of Dundee fans were horrified when we signed him and didnt even give him a chance before his first game. Since then and the fact he is clearly so much fitter has benefited us massively. Id stick my neck out and say his performance on saturday was one of the coolest, clasiest and look easy performances ive seen at Dens since Griffiths. His touch and link up play is sublime at times, on Saturday when he brough the ball down from about 40 yards with 1 touch, turned, megged the defender, side stepped another then got wiped out after playing in Peaso was class.

Well worth a contract for the SPL. Gives us a very different option and a very good one at that. I reckon with a full pre season under his belt we will see the best of him in a front 2.

I had doubts about him but totally changed my mind, since he signed he has been one of the top 3 performers id say. Excellent player and id be surprised if he didn't get atleast a year deal to prove himself again.

Got to admit that I wasn't impressed when we signed him but I watched Saturday's game in amazement.

I wrote in the match thread that he was made of velcro but his vision, touch and passing were unbelievable as well.

Definitely Brown's biggest success for me.

I've no idea if he'll cut it upstairs but I think he deserves a chance.

He's been a great out ball for us. It's been fantastic seeing him shield the ball with defenders bouncing off his erse, then move it on to another player after he's dragged defenders out of position.

He's been a revelation alright, especially as most of us were a tad sceptical when he was signed. Definitely worth another year at the club and as long as he's not asking for silly wages he should one of our first targets.

Hope he stays. He will scare the shite out of a lot of the SPL central defences, but as has been said there is so much more to his game than his physical presence and prowess.

He's been a revelation alright, especially as most of us were a tad sceptical when he was signed. Definitely worth another year at the club and as long as he's not asking for silly wages he should one of our first targets.

I actually think he would be one of the lowest in terms of wages on our budget because he was without a club and desperately looking for one when we picked him up. Doubt he is on much more than say £400 a week.

I honestly dont think guys he will do it in the top div . I havent seen him a lot this season guys so you guys who have seen him week in week out will maybe have different view . I just think u can get better strikers than him . Lee Miller . Steve Mclean . Kane Hemmings . And one other

I might by proven wrong !!!!!

I honestly dont think guys he will do it in the top div . I havent seen him a lot this season guys so you guys who have seen him week in week out will maybe have different view . I just think u can get better strikers than him . Lee Miller . Steve Mclean . Kane Hemmings . And one other

I might by proven wrong !!!!!

You're wrong on that one Waspy.

As I say buddy I havent see him like you I just think if u had not gone up he would have been ok but my view is a step to far at his age

At his age? He's a year younger than Kris Commons and Kris Boyd, who haven't exactly been struggling in the Premiership this season.

Archived