The Forfar Athletic Close Season Thread 2014

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new lad from Edinburgh city looked quick when we went 3-4-3 & has a lovely left peg. Perhaps an option at left back. Dunlop does okay at right back but offers little going forward. Another versatile full back a must for me. Are any of the young lads defenders?

To be fair. Yes it was a crap performance.

But to throw Young and husband into a game, when they never played togeather in a game.

Young and husband bossed the game first half an hour today . Will be a good midfield pairing when they have had time to gel

Good job Auld Campbell doesn't listen to the supporters !! :P

Hello, so I have been writing brief season previews for each league club in Scotland ahead of the new season. It would be great if people gave it a read and if there is any feedback or criticisms please do let me know! Thanks!

Forfar - Link

Hello, so I have been writing brief season previews for each league club in Scotland ahead of the new season. It would be great if people gave it a read and if there is any feedback or criticisms please do let me know! Thanks!

Forfar - Link

Pretty over the top on our performace last season, we were in the mix to finish 4th right up until the last two games then it petered out slightly. Given that Rangers and Dunfermline were in the league it was a decent enough season.

The last thing we need is another striker so you've got that wrong too, another central defender plus a full back would and we should be looking ok.

Thanks for reading, I think that Forfar need a different type of goalscorer in the team, it might not be an out and out striker. Husband can score goals so he should contribute on that front.

As for the performances I still think Forfar could have played much better last year but didn't.

• 4 weeks later...

That's what you get when you have business minded people running your club .

Indeed. New hospitality facility (long since sold out) and public bar up and running £180,000 cost all funded by club. Fully functioning youth team. And first team in rude health. You can understand the jealousy from village to the North.

That's what you get when you have business minded people running your club .

Indeed. New hospitality facility (long since sold out) and public bar up and running £180,000 cost all funded by club. Fully functioning youth team. And first team in rude health. You can understand the jealousy from village to the North.

Yup. But not half as jealous as the big team on the coast will be. Good job they are pre occupied by their own wee push for glory just now

I realise you're trolling but by my count that gives us 22 although 4 of that are from our youth team.

Happy with Paterson signing, has great experience and is comfortable at left back too.

Dam, busted.

A youth system? Dick used to tell us youth systems were not the way to go of part time clubs.

Oh wait a minute what is the average of you back line?

That'll be kirrie thistle then ya clown.:-)

Dam, busted.

A youth system? Dick used to tell us youth systems were not the way to go of part time clubs.

Oh wait a minute what is the average of you back line?

Maybe 10/15 years ago but it is the way to go now, good to see some of them making the step up.

Average age of the back 4 on saturday was 30

Archived