The Official Berwick Rangers 2014/2015 Thread

This money thing for part time players always amazes me. Maybe i'm wrong but I'm guessing that 20 or 30 quid a week makes the difference for some of these guys?

Can understand Townsley wanting to play with his mates, or anyone wanting to step up a Division or even cut their travelling. But when your main income comes some other way the haggling over £ signs is a bit sad and must mean that a lot of them end up worse off in the end.

Maybe though I shouldn't be shocked that money is King in 2014.

3 things that truly astonish me are:- Man Utd thinking Wayne Rooney is worth £300k a week; Stirling Albion getting promotion; and the 'Scarves' thread still going strong after 2 months.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think Coult started out with one of the BRFC junior teams at Shielfield, but that must be 10 years or so ago.

Recall seeing him playing for Cowden and he was outstanding, but wondered whether his star has been on the wane since then and he's a busted flush.

Can anyone shed some light on that?

We definitely need another striker of starting quality in alongside Lavery, but is he the man? I'm still greetin' about us missing out on John Gemmell.

Any news on Dougie Brydon? .......Ah, thought not.

According to wiki Coult played 7 games for us a few years ago before embarking on his tour of Scotland.

I can't remember him.

Still expecting 3 or 4 more decent signings. Well, when I say expecting, I mean hoping.

I remember him being in the reserves with the odd first team outing. Was a great player for Cowden. Don't think he did much at Airdrie. He's been making some noise on twitter about us and East Fife so let's see. I didn't think we were back to training yet anyway, but maybe it was this week. We need a pie and Bovril spy at our training camp. ;)

I remember him being in the reserves with the odd first team outing. Was a great player for Cowden. Don't think he did much at Airdrie. He's been making some noise on twitter about us and East Fife so let's see. I didn't think we were back to training yet anyway, but maybe it was this week. We need a pie and Bovril spy at our training camp. ;)

He was good for us the season we won the 2nd division title but quickly faded in the 1st division if he got back to the form of a couple of season's ago he could do a job for you.

I mind Coult being pretty ineffective then playing in a game where we picked up a very very rare point, he came off the bench and set Diack up for two goals, then barely featured again and got released.

His record for Cowden or at junior level can't be dismissed. If we have the man to get the best out of him then he could be a real talent. Cameron has done it once so I don't see why he couldn't do it again. He'd be well worth a pre-season and if we beat East Fife to him and he proceeded to slay the mutants, then even better.

On another note, I don't think we so much as missed out on Gemmell as we were never even in for him. With his ridiculous wage demands, I'd rather we didn't take the risk on him. Anyone thinking that is stupid should look to his spell at Montrose for a reason why. He's a classy player on his day but it'd have been silly to throw the money at him - especially given the amount he's blasted Berwick in the past. He probably wouldn't have given two fucks about how he got on with us.

The Lewis Coult that played for us would be a great signing for yourselves.He is definately a character,daft as a brush and i think this gets him more attention than his playing prowess.Always thought he had a great touch and was a really composed finisher.Due to him being a tall guy many fans wanted him to be a better target man but he is better on the deck.Hope he does well.

The Lewis Coult that played for us would be a great signing for yourselves.He is definately a character,daft as a brush and i think this gets him more attention than his playing prowess.Always thought he had a great touch and was a really composed finisher.Due to him being a tall guy many fans wanted him to be a better target man but he is better on the deck.Hope he does well.

Could be your next cult hero BTU...!

Could be your next cult hero BTU...!

With 35,000 tweets of inane shite he's more likely to be my version of Bri's hatred for Lewis Turner. I'd have mentioned your dislike for Dalziel but we both know there's a lot of love deep within you towards him.

In fairness to Coult he may have some cult hero potential. I once tweeted him 2-3 years back telling him his patter was shite and he replied with something fairly decent. Eventually I asked him about playing with Robbie Henderson in the famous Peterhead game, he said he'd rather shag his parents than play with him again :lol:

Archived