The Official Berwick Rangers 2014/2015 Thread

If Lavery goes then Berwick will miss his goals without a doubt. On the flip side however it might improve general team play as he is greedy up top. It'll be difficult to find someone who can get the same or more goals then him, it's a big ask for players like Morris and Russell to do.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought KOB would hold out for a better move and even try and get another league club, but he mustn't be bothered.

I see Lavery's dad moaning that Berwick won't let him go on the clubs Facebook.

Thought KOB would hold out for a better move and even try and get another league club, but he mustn't be bothered.

I see Lavery's dad moaning that Berwick won't let him go on the clubs Facebook.

Do we have a choice if he's not under contract?

If he wants to go to EF in the same league as us, I'd cut him loose. If he's got any ambition, he'll either stay with us with the aim of benefiting from Cameron's tutelage, or move up a league or two. Unless East Fife are intent on chucking daft money at him, which he isn't worth. At present, he's a 15 goal a season 3rd division striker.No more nor less than that.

Redcar's right though, we need to reinforce our left flank.

Aye. To be honest it seems as though the Lavery family haven't got a clue anyway. They seem to think the sun shines out their relatives arse. We don't owe him anything. If he'd have put as much effort in to the 90 minutes on the park on the pitch as his family did to moaning about the club or Lavery did into finding a move while the season was ongoing, then maybe we'd all be a bit more gracious towards his desire to leave for better things.

That said, as it stands the only rumours I've heard are Stenny & East Fife, perhaps proving what we all know - he's not as big a world beater as he seems to think he is. If he is that thick that he wants to go sideways to Bayview, I'd be very disappointed if the club weren't looking to charge them more to compensate for the fact he's not only left, but he's up against us next season.

Ironically, with Stenny looking a risky new project and East Fife in our division, it could be argued his best option is to get his head back down under Cameron, learn how to pass the ball and sign another deal with us to prove us all wrong. It seems ridiculous to say this given he's a proven scorer at this level, but as it stands I can't say I'm particularly bothered as to whether he does or not.

All speculation, but if his family are expecting Berwick to give up their right to compensation to let him go to another part time club like Stenny, or even worse, a rival club in our own division, then they're not very bright.

All speculation, but if his family are expecting Berwick to give up their right to compensation to let him go to another part time club like Stenny, or even worse, a rival club in our own division, then they're not very bright.

There surely is no way Berwick would not retain compensation right and why should they! Player is Under 23. Am sure at the night with Colin Cameron it was reported in press that the club had covered themselves on this even at that time?

There's a report on the app that two deals are imminent. They're talking about a player from division 1 and 2 though. Not sure if that's Championship and League 1, or League 1 and League 2 though.

There's a report on the app that two deals are imminent. They're talking about a player from division 1 and 2 though. Not sure if that's Championship and League 1, or League 1 and League 2 though.

And a current player getting a contract extension.. Currie ? Lavery ? Or a reserve ?

And a current player getting a contract extension.. Currie ? Lavery ? Or a reserve ?

Hopefully Currie. Other than those two, who else was here last season and hasn't re-signed as of yet? Brydon?

Brydon seemingly having to prove his fitness preseason. From what I've been told the solutions to his injury arent good though. Shame for the lad if he's fucked like.

I'd be surprised if one of the ex Cowdenbeath players released from east fife doesn't end up at Berwick.

Like who?

Hopefully Currie. Other than those two, who else was here last season and hasn't re-signed as of yet? Brydon?

Plenty of reserves, likes of Saunderson etc who might be in for a promotion.

Archived