The Official Berwick Rangers 2014/2015 Thread

The counter argument to which is this - if they impress, sign them up ASAP. And we're still in the dark about how we missed out on Cameron's 3 initial targets. Which was f**k all to do with naming trialists. I'd guess it was more to do with a lack of flexibility and willingness to pay for quality

On another note; I drove through Cowdenbeath once. Does that meani get to sign for Berwick?

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True, although the player has a say there too. Some, like Buchanan last year would probably rather wait until the last minute before deciding on a club. Even at this level I'd assume there would be quite a bit of negotiation and persuasion going on.

Cuzzas signing means we have almost all of last seasons team, plus Maxwell for Obrien and Gold for Gielty. I'll take that. Need a left back and we're sorted.

Much more important is the stunningly wonderful new pub, The Curfew. Slurpy slurpfest.

Several 1st teamers missing yesterday, but I was still seriously unimpressed with the overall performance. Some of the trialists on show shouldn't be anywhere near a Berwick shirt.

Lee Currie and Fairbairn put good shifts in and some decent touches by Paul Currie, Tulloch, Russell and occasionally ftom Gold. Jacobs, Hoskins and Carse on the other hand need a helping touch from a cattle prod. Rest were anonymous.

Wasn't impressed with any of the trialists in all honesty. The number 7 who started was probably the best of them. The left back who came on was awful. There's better in the North Northumberland league than him. That Jay Doyle who came on looked ridiculously out of shape for someone looking for a new club, and that's before he's got a contract.

If I was a player looking for a new club, I'd be in the gym every day and working my arse off, not letting myself develop a huge pot belly.

We're desperate for a left back and a striker on top of the players who were unavailable yesterday. And I have to say, if Notman is going to play midfield Jacobs is going to have to up his game if we want to be anywhere near the top of the league. Form since Christmas has been poor and although it was against superior opposition yesterday early in pre-season he looked error prone again and off the pace.

Miller played well when he came on, but he's off on holiday now with less than 2 weeks to go before the season so hopefully that doesn't ruin any preseason work he's done.

On the basis of yesterday, I'd rather look for some loan signings rather than take the chance on any of those trialists. Then see what's available come the end of the window. Anyone know where Dutot and Sutherland were? Have we missed out on them?

I have two observations from yesterday that I wanted to share.

Firstly the clubs music system appears to have finally packed in. Surely this should have been tested prior to the first game of the season. Hope to hear the sweet sounds of music at The Pars game on Saturday.

Secondly there appears to be a growing number of people standing behind the dugout in the tunnel area. A mixture of Directors Staff And Randoms. It looks very unprofessional to have so many folk there. A full row was reserved in the stand for officials and it remained empty throughout the game.

In general it was a good day although I expect the cost of policing and stewarding took the shine off any potential profit.

My sources confirmed there's a slight delay with th transfer which was meant to be completed this week. Stumbling block seems to be wages hopefully Porteous can dig deep in his wallet and find the extra £10 #ITK

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived