Albion Rovers Thread 2014/15

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the best will in the world, his worst 45 minutes were at Hampden, 2 months before his father's death.

with the best will in the world, you have absolutely no idea what your talking about re David Crawford and his personal situation. Also he has let no one down. ok slagging off the club at every opportunity, which is the most bizarre thing I've seen in my puff. Its actually beyond the normal stuff on here from some of the biggest dicks on the planet and that's saying something ! But having a pop against a young lad - once again on here is pretty pathetic tbh.

Crawford had a shite season, and a particularly shite first half against QP in October when he was hooked at half time.

After some signs of promise last year Ward obviously had big plans for him, he started the season in the first team, but his lack of effort and bad attitude was a massive let down.

He's also a year older than me, although I think the "young lad" argument is invalid in any case.

Crawford had a shite season, and a particularly shite first half against QP in October when he was hooked at half time.

After some signs of promise last year Ward obviously had big plans for him, he started the season in the first team, but his lack of effort and bad attitude was a massive let down.

He's also a year older than me, although I think the "young lad" argument is invalid in any case.

Admittedly I am a bit of a Luddite and only been on these forum things for a few months. But I have supported our club for over 40 years and have pretty much seen it all.

Crawford along with others had a rather poor season. But no poorer than a couple of hundred players I've seen spending their time as an empty jersey at Cliftonhill.

Everyone is of course fully entitled to their opinion but I do feel at times that our fans are incredibly fickle. Maybe it's a modern curse that demands success at all costs and that being a journeyman player isn't good enough for us now.

Same with managers.

One season and if you don't win something then it's the door...

Nice to see that a huge club like Arsenal have some depth to them and understand the benefit in continuity and stability.

My only point would be that if all our players or managers were superstars then they probably would be plying their trade elsewhere.

I also feel that some of our fans (maybe not unique to Rovers) are never happy.

In all my years supporting Rovers and bringing my boys up as Rovers supporters through the good, the bad and the ugly years I've never been so proud as I have been this season.

My workmates, old school chums, extended family dispersed all over the world have watched our story this year and are amazed that my wee club is headline news, on and off the park.

Feel free to criticise as of course you are entitled to. But consider what it is that you expect and consider what it is that you would wish our club to be.

I don't like Crawford's attitude or arrogance, especially for a player so talentless, and I think it's worth giving someone else a chance.

What's the chat re: Davie Anderson of QP?

Admittedly I am a bit of a Luddite and only been on these forum things for a few months. But I have supported our club for over 40 years and have pretty much seen it all.

Crawford along with others had a rather poor season. But no poorer than a couple of hundred players I've seen spending their time as an empty jersey at Cliftonhill.

Everyone is of course fully entitled to their opinion but I do feel at times that our fans are incredibly fickle. Maybe it's a modern curse that demands success at all costs and that being a journeyman player isn't good enough for us now.

Same with managers.

One season and if you don't win something then it's the door...

Nice to see that a huge club like Arsenal have some depth to them and understand the benefit in continuity and stability.

My only point would be that if all our players or managers were superstars then they probably would be plying their trade elsewhere.

I also feel that some of our fans (maybe not unique to Rovers) are never happy.

In all my years supporting Rovers and bringing my boys up as Rovers supporters through the good, the bad and the ugly years I've never been so proud as I have been this season.

My workmates, old school chums, extended family dispersed all over the world have watched our story this year and are amazed that my wee club is headline news, on and off the park.

Feel free to criticise as of course you are entitled to. But consider what it is that you expect and consider what it is that you would wish our club to be.

All good points, Phil, and your situation is similar to mine. Debating which of last season's squad should be retained - Crawford's a no from me.

He did, though only just, and included penalties. He had a trial at Morton but they didn't offer him a deal, he came back to Cliftonhill and had a very poor season last.

They did offer a deal however he couldn't afford to take the step up to full time football,

He earned more part time plus full time job

I remember Derek Gaston declining a deal with Partick Thistle because he was earning more full time at the Time Capsule, but I didn't think Morton offered Crawford a deal.

Mcginley was hopeless every game he played for us this season including the 3-0 win over Clyde

"Hopeless" in a game in which he kept a clean sheet?!

In his defence he was one of the better players on the park in the last game of the season. He'll go further in his career than Neil Parry.

They did offer a deal however he couldn't afford to take the step up to full time football,

He earned more part time plus full time job

Chris: you will know better than I, but that's not what was reported at the time.

Archived