Albion Rovers Thread 2014/15

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well this is awkward. On the same day that the excellent 'Tell Him He's Pele' publishes their League Two preview I have moved on to my own League Two previews. I have been spending the last couple of weeks previewing every single SPFL club in Scotland and I have today reached League Two. I publish the previews in batches of two so the first is Albion Rovers and Annan. With the THHP preview now online I feel like I have been overshadowed (they really are superb) but if anyone wants to have a wee read of my one - Here it is.

Any feedback, comments and or criticisms are welcome. Any mistakes please point them out!

Well this is awkward. On the same day that the excellent 'Tell Him He's Pele' publishes their League Two preview I have moved on to my own League Two previews. I have been spending the last couple of weeks previewing every single SPFL club in Scotland and I have today reached League Two. I publish the previews in batches of two so the first is Albion Rovers and Annan. With the THHP preview now online I feel like I have been overshadowed (they really are superb) but if anyone wants to have a wee read of my one - Here it is.

Any feedback, comments and or criticisms are welcome. Any mistakes please point them out!

Really good write up. I agree with with all you have written about Rovers.

Albion Rovers- the only club where the chairmanship is passed around more than the ball.

His legacy is clear to see, though- the policy for Rovers directors is itself a Devlin initiative- Stay While You Can.

Albion Rovers- the only club where the chairmanship is passed around more than the ball.

His legacy is clear to see, though- the policy for Rovers directors is itself a Devlin initiative- Stay While You Can.

as always you surpass yourself. Five star village idiot that you are.

In seriousness, the nature of the constant ins and outs behind the scenes at the Rovers is becoming fishy to this observer, and regardless of excuses Devlin's quick getaway isn't a good indicator for the outcome of his radical gimmicks.

In seriousness, the nature of the constant ins and outs behind the scenes at the Rovers is becoming fishy to this observer, and regardless of excuses Devlin's quick getaway isn't a good indicator for the outcome of his radical gimmicks.

He's the new Chairman at Cash for Kids, hence all the donations!

I think it's feasible that he's packed it in to focus on his business which actually makes him money, much like Paul Martin did when he was manager.

Aside from the Ward debacle, the visIble evidence is that Devlin has improved the profile of the club, and hopefully that will continue on and off the pitch now he's gone.

• 2 weeks later...

What was actually done to improve Cliftonhill during the summer then? Has the terracing been granted a safety certificate? Any pictures?

last I heard the planning app was with NLC to extend the capacity using the North Terrace, hope it happens, a wee soft spot for the Rovers as stayed in Lanarkshire for a while, assuming entry would be from the gate behind the Court building.

• 3 weeks later...

Albion Rovers are delighted to announce more changes in the Boardroom.

Local entrepreneur and businessman Michael Savage has joined the board as Vice-President, General Manager Stevie Kirk has also been voted on as has Terry Gillooly, who will oversee all aspects of health and safety at Cliftonhill.

The trio join new chairman Pat Gillooly and fellow directors Ronnie Boyd and Paul Reilly.

Long standing director Robert Watt has resigned after numerous years of service, however he will undoubtedly still be around Cliftonhill on match days as a fan.

Chairman Pat Gillooly said: “We are delighted that Michael, Stevie and Terry have agreed to come on the board. This is a really exciting time for the club and we have big plans for the future.

“We are all very forward thinking and our aim is to take this club into a bright new future.

“We thank Robert for his many years of service to the club.”

Michael Savage’s first act as vice chairman was to secure a five figure shirt sponsorship deal with JFM Electrical Ltd for the back of the home shirt and the home and away shorts.

Archived