Albion Rovers Thread 2014/15

The Albion Rovers season 2014/15 thread comes to Pie and Bovril faster than a James Ward contract deadline.

Plenty to talk about over the next few months, from £300 a week wages to £10 season tickets, and testimonials to stadium expansions.

Will the happy clappers be able to find positives in Reid and Phillips leaving? Will John Devlin make more corporate-like announcements of boardroom changes? Will Albino Rover ever have anything positive to say?

All the answers will be revealed over the coming months...

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The focal point of Albion's ambition should undoubtedly be the signing of Newtongrange Star's talented ex-Clyde and Berwick striker, Craig O'Reilly. Linked with a return to Clyde for each of the past 5 seasons, his steady stream of goals would be a boon to any side looking to establish themselves as promotion contenders.

The focal point of Albion's ambition should undoubtedly be the signing of Newtongrange Star's talented ex-Clyde and Berwick striker, Craig O'Reilly. Linked with a return to Clyde for each of the past 5 seasons, his steady stream of goals would be a boon to any side looking to establish themselves as promotion contenders.

I imagine any other striker will be a secondary thought to the proven Championship goalscorer we're in talks with! I really should have included the mystery man in my opening post!

If you really want to scale the heights, woo his old strike partner back from Bo'ness.

Would that be Gribben? If so, I'd pay his wages myself just so that he and berwick-the-unbeatable could resume their past friendship.

In all seriousness, I wonder who this Championship striker is - presumably he'd be on a fair whack if he dropped down too. More inclined to think it'd be an older guy. Peter MacDonald?

I imagine any other striker will be a secondary thought to the proven Championship goalscorer we're in talks with! I really should have included the mystery man in my opening post!

Mysteriously re-signed with his mysterious Championship Club on the Clyde estuary as I am led to believe

Deal dead

Mr Ward should think twice before letting his considerable stomach rumble...

I expect to see half the Arthurlie squad appearing as trialists in the pre-season friendlies, as well as some East Kilbride-based lads. Rovers have those two pools of contacts sewn up.

Gary Smith and Martyn McLaughlin to the 'vers- you heard it here first.

Mysteriously re-signed with his mysterious Championship Club on the Clyde estuary as I am led to believe

Deal dead

Mr Ward should think twice before letting his considerable stomach rumble...

Glad I missed him off then! Do you know who it was? Quite disappointed, although not surprised. A goal-scoring striker must be a priority this summer.

Yes, as I understand it. There were other development plans presented at an open meeting with supporters in March, some of which I would think would need Planning permission so that might take a bit longer

When are the ground improvements going to be announced? Or have they confirmed that work on the terracing is definitely going ahead for next season?

What else has been mooted?

Photo on twitter showing work starting on the terracing. Plans for one or both ends of the ground. This was presented to supporters at an open night held by the BOD about a month ago.

Archived