The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

Started in one game for us which we went on to win in his 14 league games for us. Good luck to him though, he seems a nice guy. Ossy >>> Ozzy though ;)

He started in wins v St Mirren and Inverness Caley Thistle. He also didn't play 14 league games for us.

Please don't try and link our poor form in that period to Osbourne, it would've been much much worse without him.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That'll probably be that for this window.

Kello

Naismith

McAusland

Plummer

Tesselaar

Osbourne

McLean

McGinn

Marwood

Wylde

Thompson

Subs: Ridgers, Kelly, Drury, Goodwin, Teale, Ball, Caldwell

Others: Reilly, Brown, Williams, Hughes

Drury has a clause in his contract stating he has to play when fit so I would imagine Marwood will be spending a lot of time on the bench in order for him to be accommodated.

Drury has a clause in his contract stating he has to play when fit so I would imagine Marwood will be spending a lot of time on the bench in order for him to be accommodated.

Source?

He can play anywhere on the right, might be Naismith who drops to the bench as cover for CB/RB

Source?

Phil Brown http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/11407633.Southend_United_set_to_miss_out_on_signing_Manchester_City_defender_Adam_Drury_on_loan/

SOUTHEND United have missed out on a loan swoop for Manchester City defender Adam Drury.

Shrimpers boss Phil Brown had been keen to bring the youngster in on loan to provide cover and competition in the full-back positions.

But Drury has opted against making the switch and is now expected to join St.Mirren.

Adam feels playing in the Scottish Premier League will give him more exposure than playing in League Two, confirmed Brown.

However, Manchester City also wanted certain assurances about him playing and I wasnt prepared to give them that. I said I would give him a chance and that if he played well he would stay in the side, just like I do with all the loan players we bring in. Im not going to say anyone is definitely going to play because it doesnt work like that and I also dont think it would be fair on the players we already have at the club.

Fantastic signing for St Mirren if he keeps fit.

Guy loves a slide tackle which he would almost always win fairly, one v Kris Boyd particularly sticks in the memory. Not looking forward to seeing him play against us. So far big Osman looks a great signing for us but I'm not sure they are exactly comparable, both go about their jobs in different ways but could be a fantastic battle between the two.

He's not the best on the ball but playing alongside McLean and McGinn he won't be expected to do anything too exciting with it.

Read it.

You stated he'd "addressed any shortcomings in the squad".

He clearly hasn't in my opinion.

I did notice the "almost", but it needs moved to make sense of what I think you're trying to convey.

Cool.

The less pedantic amongst us will know what I meant.

Phil Brown :lol:

I doubt we would agree to that. We took Campbell on loan last season and never played him.

It's true. Phil Brown said it just before talking someone out of jumping off the end of Southend Pier.

Well you agreed to it with Conor Newton so I don't see why you wouldn't agree to it with Drury.

Nah don't think we did. Conor Newton played every week because he was a good player, that's why he's now in the Championship.

We have had loan deals in the past where the parent club pays the players wage if he plays, but we pay it if he doesn't. Maybe we have something similar with Drury, there's no way we will be obliged to play anyone though.

Phil Brown sounds like he's making sad excuses to his fans because he's missed out on one of his targets.

Nah don't think we did. Conor Newton played every week because he was a good player, that's why he's now in the Championship.

We have had loan deals in the past where the parent club pays the players wage if he plays, but we pay it if he doesn't. Maybe we have something similar with Drury, there's no way we will be obliged to play anyone though.

Phil Brown sounds like he's making sad excuses to his fans because he's missed out on one of his targets.

I believe we had that with Newton last season.

Archived