The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

DEEJANGO, on 20 Aug 2014 - 15:57, said:

I would assume it is up to Paul Hartley (The Dundee manager) if he wants to loan players in and not upto the fans. I'm not sure how it works with St Mirren but I would hazard a guess it would be the managers choice who he signed, in saying that your fans

would have probably been better off taking charge of the team.

Agreed.

I can see the St Mirren fans point though, yeah we'd have loved to get in a few loans from big clubs as long as they were better than what we had and were in the positions we needed strengthening. We don't need another midfielder (Drury) and I certainly wouldn't be ecstatic about getting Ellis 'Oldham's Worst Ever Player' Plummer. Quite liking our German CH Konrad and McPake despite his critics.

If there is a LB going handy, that'd be smashing though.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed.

I can see the St Mirren fans point though, yeah we'd have loved to get in a few loans from big clubs as long as they were better than what we had and were in the positions we needed strengthening. We don't need another midfielder (Drury) and I certainly wouldn't be ecstatic about getting Ellis 'Oldham's Worst Ever Player' Plummer. Quite liking our German CH Konrad and McPake despite his critics.

If there is a LB going handy, that'd be smashing though.

You do know that was based on one game.

I think we'll take Patrick Viera's judgement over a couple of inbreds from Oldham.

Anyway you'll see on Saturday just how good or bad he is and be able to judge from yourself.

He's been excellent in both games for us, so far.

But... but... but... airport! Airport! We only sign players because we have an airport. :lol: Which is why the teams in Scotland that aren't right next to an airport never sign any loan players. :rolleyes:

I think the airport is why Bahoken chose to come to us. Certainly got good use out of it.

General consensus from fans of other clubs he's been at is that he's more than good enough for this level but has struggled with injuries.

If we can somehow get him relatively fit then he will be a big asset for us this season.

If you can keep him fit then it will be a great signing, but he won't stay fit. He's not the greatest on the ball but he does what he does better than anyone else in the league - a step up from Goodwin, who I rate btw. As mentioned, he's a hardman but not dirty.

Hope he does well because he was excellent for us and seems like a decent guy too.

A sneakier version of Goodwin? Just what we need.

Squad looks pretty much complete now.

If you want something that shows what he's like in comparison to Goodwin, in over 50 games for us Osbourne was only booked 7 times and never sent off.

As people have said, keeping him fit will be the tricky part. If he is fit, he'll win the ball over and over again before giving it simply to the more creative players. Obviously he has his limitations, but he knows that and does what he is capable of extremely efficiently.

I love the guy :wub:

I would see absolutely no point in us loaning young players when we have an abundance of our own talent coming through.

I seem to remember Ryan McGivern was loaned from Man City to Hibernian and he was BRILLIANT.

Tbf Mcgivern was good while on loan, it was when he signed for us he turned pish.

Archived