The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No to Andy McNeil.Grant Adam left for full time and he had offers from England

If a League One club signs Dilo there is no way in hell he'll be back-up to anyone.

Dilo is a very solid young keeper with bags of potential to be a great 'keeper.

Doesn't command his area too well as yet, but that will come, though he does communicate withhis defence which demonstrates genuine confidence and assuredness.

I struggle to believe that he would sign for a League 1 club even as No.1. He is easily good enough to be first choice for a top half Championship club even at this early stage in his career.

Possible attitude issues, however....

Out of interest what was Mr Higdon like for you guys? His goals ratio was much better for Motherwell.

Higdon was excellent for us,yet for some of the moaning faced twats amongst our support he was the main target of constant abuse. He was never truly appreciated by the boo boys until he left for Motherwell and scored for fun.

I would have him back in a minute, he's a fabulous player and would be a top signing for any SPL team.

First year he was in and out the team, scored an absolute peach. Second year he was consistent and scored nearly 20 that season, had we not replaced him with Thommo I dont doubt he would have been revered the same way other guys are.

Was just gonna write that.

His second season was excellent in a struggling team.

Yet he was still a divisive figure due to the usual mouth breathers labelling him lazy because he didn't run around like a headless chicken for 90 mins.

Out of interest what was Mr Higdon like for you guys? His goals ratio was much better for Motherwell.

You don't surely still believe Higdon is signing for Dundee? That's cute!

You don't surely still believe Higdon is signing for Dundee? That's cute!

No. But he hasn't signed anywhere else as yet and he is probably more revered up here than elsewhere so some team might catch him yet.

Apparently our German and Hungarian strikers are literally (and metaphorically) in a different league.

Because we spent so long out of the top league guys like Higdon passed me by.

No. But he hasn't signed anywhere else as yet and he is probably more revered up here than elsewhere so some team might catch him yet.

Higdon has a contract with NEC for next season, he doesn't have to go anywhere. Although he has been told he's free to leave he'd be well within his rights to stay, and it wouldn't surprise me if he did.

Chesterfield were put off because they couldn't afford him, that tells you what money he's on. If he doesn't get an equivalent or better offer of the contract he already has he simply won't move.

The only top flight Scottish clubs who could afford to pay him what NEC are is Celtic and maybe Aberdeen at a push. The Dons have signed Goodwillie so they won't fancy him. Basically, unless Deila wants him, or unless another club spends money they don't have on him, he won't be in Scotland next season. He will be in either Holland or England. Hate to break it to you and all that.

Higdon has a contract with NEC for next season, he doesn't have to go anywhere. Although he has been told he's free to leave he'd be well within his rights to stay, and it wouldn't surprise me if he did.

Chesterfield were put off because they couldn't afford him, that tells you what money he's on. If he doesn't get an equivalent or better offer of the contract he already has he simply won't move.

The only top flight Scottish clubs who could afford to pay him what NEC are is Celtic and maybe Aberdeen at a push. The Dons have signed Goodwillie so they won't fancy him. Basically, unless Deila wants him, or unless another club spends money they don't have on him, he won't be in Scotland next season. He will be in either Holland or England. Hate to break it to you and all that.

Don't burst his bubble, seemingly they are signing Ryan Stevenson too.

I've just been reading 'Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC'.

http://www.thecfss.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=51045

I can see where you get all your inside information from Lex - a very reliable source :lol:

As I said we have a German and a Hungarian who have reportedly shown up well at the training camp. They'll do me.

Fantastic news, great signing and good to see we have ditched the horrible pin stripes and gone back to the classic stripes.

That was my first thought as well. The Hummel effort was far from a great example but makes the current thing look like what it is: a terrible example of a football shirt.

Archived