The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was more interested that Marwood stated in his interview that he looks forward to partnering Thommo up front. 4-1-3-2?

I think we have a number of permutations, of which that is definitely one.

I also think we could see a bog standard 4-4-2 coming back in, or we could go for a 4-3-3 with Wylde and Marwood either side of Thommo, midfield of Goodwin, McLean and McGinn.

Could play with a diamond of:

Goody

McGinn Wylde

McLean

Still not sure how I feel about shoehorning McGinn in as a Winger, but if there's anyone who has the skill to play anywhere it's him.

I really hope he doesn't get used out wide this year. We need him on the ball as much as possible, more often than not things happen when he is. He's also a fantastic tackler so needs to be involved as much as possible

I think Wylde's going to be a big player for us next season.

He never really got a run in the team from joining in January last season, but we got glimpses of what he's capable of. His important goals against County and Kilmarnock were both similar and both excellent; running down the left side before lashing it in the net from outside the box.

He's at a good age and now he's settled and will have had a full pre-season behind him I think he's really going to kick on and become one of our main men.

Albion Rovers v St Miirren friendly Tue 15th July Cliftonhill 745pm. Pay at Gate: £7 adult, £3 concessions/ u16s. Kids free with adults.

Season tickets valid?

He never really got a run in the team from joining in January last season, but we got glimpses of what he's capable of. His important goals against County and Kilmarnock were both similar and both excellent; running down the left side before lashing it in the net from outside the box.

He's at a good age and now he's settled and will have had a full pre-season behind him I think he's really going to kick on and become one of our main men.

McLean, McGinn and Wylde will all be very big players this season, I expect McLean to be the main man bossing games like he was towards the end of last season.

Hoping for another signing or 2 soon.

I think he'll be really important this season too. He's never had a long run as first team starter at any stage in his career, so I think a good run in the team next season will really improve him as a player and hopefully increase his confidence as he is a real threat when playing well. It's good to have a genuine left-winger as an opinion in the squad for once.

I said that at the end of the season. He really came onto a game, tore Paterson a new backside in the last game of the season.

Also gives the team a good balance, now we are struggling for someone on the right! Typical.

Seems to be enjoying himself with his team mates and settled in nicely. Expecting good things from him this season.

Not good but excellent. For a 20 year old he is confident and commands his box well. Good shot-stopper. Sometimes makes bad decisions by rushing out when he should stay however that is due to inexperience. No offence but when he left us I thought he would be heading up in the world. If you have signed him you have won a watch :)

Archived