The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goodwin will be ever present this year as usual. Hopefully he sticks to what he's good at and that is bossing midfields and breaking up play, when he sticks to football he's arguably our most important player

What are the chances Goodwin will take a reduced role as a player now that he's on the management team?

Going by his performances at the end of last season he still has a lot to offer the first team. We have promoted a youngster that plays his position so I think over the course of the season we'll see him slowly introduced to the team.

I reckon we won't see Gary Teale as much. He missed most of last season due to injury.

Brilliant news. Kenny's performances in the last few months of the season played a huge part in keeping us away from the play off spot. Deelighted ;)

Going by his performances at the end of last season he still has a lot to offer the first team. We have promoted a youngster that plays his position so I think over the course of the season we'll see him slowly introduced to the team.

Aye, I was at a couple of games and Goodwin was certainly doing well in those games, and unlucky to be sent off in one of them.

I think the worry is that he decides himself to take a step back a bit, and if there's a player coming through, this might help that decision along. I agree with you that he has something to offer.

Hopefully zero. He has given up the captaincy though.

Yep although was that a sop to involve Thommo in the new setup? Or was it simply that we know he'll be suspended for 6 games a year anyway!

I think Teale will take a back-seat this year. Can't see him playing regularly, so I hope they get someone for wide right and don't just shuffle McGinn/McLean there- unless the boy from Gateshead can play that and McLean is going to be used off Thommo?

Great signing though and it will let us kick on with other targets.

Great news for Saints , who is the signing that is supposed to be announced today , give us HIgdon or a decent CH.

Will no doubt be the CH from Man City. Higdon should be too good for us and the SPL and I doubt we could accommodate him and Thommo, although with Thommo getting on I'd take him back.

Goodwin will be ever present this year as usual. Hopefully he sticks to what he's good at and that is bossing midfields and breaking up play, when he sticks to football he's arguably our most important player

Apart from the six or seven games he misses through suspension ;)

Scenes, pleasing, glorious and whatever else about McLean staying :)

Ellis Plummer now signs too. Shocked Tommy Craig wasn't put off by the views of Oldham fans who'd seen him three times and Dundee fans who have no idea who he is.

Ellis Plummer now signs too. Shocked Tommy Craig wasn't put off by the views of Oldham fans who'd seen him three times and Dundee fans who have no idea who he is.

Great name....should proved Dundee fans with some splendid jokes for the season ahead.

Yes , us as well Gary Harkins, Thomson and McPake

Genuinely wasn't expecting this, but absolutely delighted it's happened. Especially the 2 year bit.

Aside from the great second half he had to the season, I went along to the U21s game v Holland, and although the team ended up being completely outclassed that night, Kenny (and Stevie May) looked as if they could live in that company.

Astonished we've kept him!

McGinn next please :D!

Archived