The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

I'm assuming the reason Murray agreed to sign a two year deal in the first place when he was already being talked about for a move upwards was that there was some kind of clause in the contract regarding not standing in his way by demanding an extortionate amount of compensation, so I doubt it's a massive outlay.

Could be the case. But any level of compensation + wee pishy breeks' pay off has got to be more than the zero amount he would have cost to recruit last season. That's before you factor in loss of revenue as a consequence of relegation.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's no chance the compo will be any less than 10k, it may even be slightly more.

10k? Could find that from our 320k parachute payment I assume... Or the savings to be made in the wage bill by getting Arquin, Wylde and Gow tae' fcuk.

Some Dumbarton fans bemoaning this season but surely Murray has been victim of his own success here? 7th place in the second tier is still a good campaign for you guys from the outside looking in, and you've still finished the season the highest ranked part time team in the country.

Some Dumbarton fans bemoaning this season but surely Murray has been victim of his own success here? 7th place in the second tier is still a good campaign for you guys from the outside looking in, and you've still finished the season the highest ranked part time team in the country.

Dumbarton supporters, like all football fans, are never satisfied.

Nobody is denying Murray has done a sterling job but things haven't been all that great recently.

Our squad was a disaster after christmas and we had the worst record in the league in 2015. He also had a meltdown after Alloa pumped us where he publicly slated the players and questioned their commitment to the cause. It just looked from afar that he wasn't up for the task of rebuilding our squad in preperation for the new season. I think the time is right for both parties to part ways but I'm confident he will be a success at St Mirren.

Our board don't seem best pleased with how business was conducted judging by our latest statement. Not sure if that's directed at Murray or St Mirren. Would be very disappointed if he's been sneaky about it, we took a huge gamble on the guy.

Nobody is denying Murray has done a sterling job but things haven't been all that great recently.

Our squad was a disaster after christmas and we had the worst record in the league in 2015. He also had a meltdown after Alloa pumped us where he publicly slated the players and questioned their commitment to the cause. It just looked from afar that he wasn't up for the task of rebuilding our squad in preperation for the new season. I think the time is right for both parties to part ways but I'm confident he will be a success at St Mirren.

Our board don't seem best pleased with how business was conducted judging by our latest statement. Not sure if that's directed at Murray or St Mirren. Would be very disappointed if he's been sneaky about it, we took a huge gamble on the guy.

Not worth getting annoyed about, Moj. As I said to the wee man recently: it's only fitba.

Absolutely delighted that our board have finally appeared to do something correctly in the past 12 months. The right appointment, the right time (well a year late...but business concluded early and without fuss), certainly NOT the cheap option, given that Teale would have cost nothing, well, other than about 500 season ticket renewals.

Murray is hardly the rank amateur that some of the unhappy buddies over on BAWA seem to have him as. Keeping a team like Dumbarton afloat in a full time league is testament in itself to how good a job he is doing. The main concern is his lack of track record with young talent, but then I've no idea what the Dumbarton youth setup is like. For that reason alone, if a suitably experienced number two (which I'd prefer we had) can't be found than I certainly wouldn't be averse to Longwell getting the gig. Even if he doesn't, he'll be playing a massive part in next season's ongoings as we'll be heavily reliant on him and his youth setup.

Hopefully, down to business for him on Monday. Players' futures sorted one way or another, targets identified and hopefully a couple of swift and well placed PCAs agreed to get a bit of a feelgood vibe about the place.

Also, just imagine the scenario of Ian Murray and Stevie Thompson as his assistant. Easily the best looking management team in Scottish, maybe even world football history. :wub:

post-473-0-53352700-1432321046_thumb.jpg

post-473-0-98652900-1432321097_thumb.jpg

To:

post-473-0-53124700-1432320876_thumb.jpg

post-473-0-56527900-1432320972_thumb.jpg

Form a goddamn queue, ladies.

When Andy Graham smashes in the winner at St Mirren Park to send Muzz into a perma-seethe all will be forgotten :lol:

Random question, but is Andy Graham the same one that was at Stirling? I remember seeing him on The Chase a few years ago, and he gave the thumbs up sign to a blind woman :lol:

Random question, but is Andy Graham the same one that was at Stirling? I remember seeing him on The Chase a few years ago, and he gave the thumbs up sign to a blind woman :lol:

The very same one! He's affectionately known as 'The Chase'.

He's been absolutely outstanding for us since he joined. He's also not given any blind people the thumbs up, I think... :lol:

Also, just imagine the scenario of Ian Murray and Stevie Thompson as his assistant. Easily the best looking management team in Scottish, maybe even world football history. :wub:

attachicon.gif198788-st-mirren-manager-danny-lennon-is-looking-forward-to-his-sides-upcoming-clash-against-hibernian.jpg

attachicon.gif11191952.jpg

To:

attachicon.gifJS44609124.jpg

attachicon.gif22504661.jpg

Form a goddamn queue, ladies.

That managerial team is a Jack Ross away from perfection.

:lol::lol::lol: This may be the best thing I've ever heard on here

Delighted with this appointment, any saints fans thinking its a bad move is aff their heids!

What's he's achieved with minnows like Dumbarton is excellent. (No offence intended)

We will need to all get behind him, but given time this could be a real coup.

The board have made some laughable mistakes and appointments lately but I think they deserve a bit of credit here.

http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/clubs/st-mirren/1321390-in-full-ian-murray-outlines-his-ambitions-and-vision-for-st-mirren/

Five minute interview with STV there. Apart from repeatedly referring to the 'SPL' he comes across very well really, especially when compared to our last few managers.

I do think his assistant will be a key appointment. I have no idea who is available in that regard, but I think we really want someone who's got experience of full time management and a decent contact book along side him.

Will be interesting to see what happens to Teale and Longwell next week, I assume they'll both leave.

We could have the Paisley Eddie Howe or we could have the Paisley Eddie May, I have no idea. Either way, I'm quite looking forward to the fun and games that's surely to follow.

Also easy to make too much of this "contacts down south" stuff imo. Craig and Teale had plenty of contacts that didn't stop them signing James Marwood or Alan Gow.

To agree to that point from the other end of it: Alan Archibald can't have had many contacts, but just about every player he's brought in from down south (or from anywhere!) for us has been really good. "Contacts" are very much overrated.

Good appointment for St Mirren.

Wouldn't be over surprised if we ended up with a player/assistant, be it Thompson or someone else.

We couldn't afford guys from England when we were in the Premiership, sod all chance now. Knowledge of the lower leagues probably the biggest priority and anything else is a bonus.

Archived