The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

Dunno what to make of McParland, only had one managerial job and a string of coaching gigs all over the place - even one in Scandinavia he chucked after a few months for family reasons.

The meltdown from folk if Teale gets it...

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dunno what to make of McParland, only had one managerial job and a string of coaching gigs all over the place - even one in Scandinavia he chucked after a few months for family reasons.

The meltdown from folk if Teale gets it...

He sounds a lot like Tommy Craig tbh

He sounds a lot like Tommy Craig tbh

More like Ricky Sbragia to be honest, loads of managerial experience with youth sides in Ipswich and Forest, Very little in way of full experience. Though he was in charge at County for 3 years, which automatically means he has been a gaffer about 7 or 8 times longer than auld pishy breeks had when we appointed him.

Must be mental today in Asda Linwood / Elderslie / back end of Paisley / wherever the fcuk that store actually is... Fitba' managers left, right and centre, nipping in for a pish, a straightening of the tie, a watery coffee and a four-finger Kit Kat before nipping round for their interview.

More like Ricky Sbragia to be honest, loads of managerial experience with youth sides in Ipswich and Forest, Very little in way of full experience. Though he was in charge at County for 3 years, which automatically means he has been a gaffer about 7 or 8 times longer than auld pishy breeks had when we appointed him.

In fact, the more I think about it, coupled with the fact that he wasn't even failing at Notts County when he got the bag (they were pushing for promotion and he was the victim of Sven Goran Ericsson arriving as the director of football and wanting his own man), it's seems like far too much of a good common sense appointment for us.

All but two of the Notts County fans on their forum reckon he's useless. One was a "Mibbes aye, mibbes naw" and the other seemed a rather keen fan of him.

Was a fair while back he was there but hasn't been a manager elsewhere.

We have offered S. McGinn a 1 year deal.

I'm of the opinion that with a pre season etc he will be better than he has been of late for us but like most Dees I'm not even sure what type of midfielder he is and he's not really shown much in his loan spell.

In his St Mirren pomp what sort of player was he?

Central attacking midfielder. Creative and held the ball up well. Had a good shot but possibly did not use it often enough. Good player for us hence the six figure fee when he went to Watford. Do not know if he has lost something due to his long injury but certainly an excellent player for us (but not as good as John :) ).

Central attacking midfielder. Creative and held the ball up well. Had a good shot but possibly did not use it often enough. Good player for us hence the six figure fee when he went to Watford. Do not know if he has lost something due to his long injury but certainly an excellent player for us (but not as good as John :) ).

I never felt he was that attacking although it was a Gus team! He did get shunted about at times to accommodate others- seem to have memories of him ending up on the wings (as Gus never bought wingers).

He broke into and was playing well for Watford until he got seriously injured. Don't know if that has affected him.

Yeah McGinn ended up on the left a fair amount for us. But he was creative, much better passer and shooter than John is.

At Sheffield he seemed to play a bit deeper, in the centre of midfield.

Yeah McGinn ended up on the left a fair amount for us. But he was creative, much better passer and shooter than John is.

At Sheffield he seemed to play a bit deeper, in the centre of midfield.

Cheers lads.

If I had to pigeonhole him at dens he'd be a defensive midfielder.

He seems to be "bottom heavy" in that his legs and thighs look too big for his body - maybe a weight thing or maybe just muscular legs and scrawny upper body.

He looks slow and cumbersome but I do like his composure and ability to pick a pass. We would need to see more from him if he signs but as others have pointed out he was a regular in championship and league 1 before injuries so obviously a player there.

Looks a good appointment by St Mirren. Wonder where they'd have been now if they did this a year ago? Surely Teale can't stay on either?

As I said earlier in the thread, unless Teale goes in the huff it wouldn't surprise me if Murray keeps him around. He likes to have someone who knows the club around and if Teale is liked by the players then I definitely think Murray will keep him on in some capacity.

Happy with that.

He has been brilliant for Dumbarton and is absolutely worth taking a punt on. Of all the people linked with the job he was the standout. Pleased we have gotten this taken care of early this summer.

He's the man we should have pursued more last season.

Archived