The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah okay, cheers. Only seem him a few times and it's been left wing, centre mid and just behind the striker. From what I've seen, good to get him tied down on a new deal.

That was my worry, we were a bit more attractive back then, albeit in obvious trouble.

I think the fans seem split for what I can see. For me Ian Murray but some fans have let our recent 4 games cloud their judgement on the previous 5 months and suddenly want Teale to stay on.

If the shortlist is between Murray,Teale and Adams then it has to be Murray for me. I wouldn't mind Teale staying as Assistant but I reckon that wouldn't go down well with him.

I'd take Murray, TBH. Maybe Aitken. There is clearly a big divide amongst support on this though, and it's hard to reach a consensus. f**k, there are people clowns on B&WA making Teale's case based on a couple of last minute winners against teams with ten men, and a win over an abject Kilmarnock side. :lol:

I'd have taken Calderwood in January as a last-ditch attempt to keep us up, but I'd not want him now. The two main parameters are: need to be decent with youth, and need a few decent connections.

An ability to play the loan system wouldn't go amiss: we've had some absolute rotters in on loan recently, but our two biggest successes of the past ten years have also featured some stellar loan signings (Charlie Adam in 2005/6 and Isma/Dummett/Newton in 2013). Obviously everyone wants their own players, but we'd be nuts to rule out loans as an option altogether.

Cheers, I'd agree with you guys that Murray looks the best out of those and Murray's loans were a big factor in our success over the last few years (Chris Kane, Stuart Findlay and Danny Rogers all having exceptional loan spells). I've seen a few people say they wouldn't want Murray and I can only assume it's because he hasn't had experience of managing a full-time side because his achievements speak for themselves. Nobody really thought Hartley was a bad appointment for Dundee and up to that point I'd have said Murray had achieved more than Hartley had. I think Muzz has been frustrated for a while with us, he has no time to work on anything in training and it shows at this level. I think he deserves his chance now.

I'd take Murray, TBH. Maybe Aitken. There is clearly a big divide amongst support on this though, and it's hard to reach a consensus. f**k, there are people clowns on B&WA making Teale's case based on a couple of last minute winners against teams with ten men, and a win over an abject Kilmarnock side. :lol:

I'd have taken Calderwood in January as a last-ditch attempt to keep us up, but I'd not want him now. The two main parameters are: need to be decent with youth, and need a few decent connections.

An ability to play the loan system wouldn't go amiss: we've had some absolute rotters in on loan recently, but our two biggest successes of the past ten years have also featured some stellar loan signings (Charlie Adam in 2005/6 and Isma/Dummett/Newton in 2013). Obviously everyone wants their own players, but we'd be nuts to rule out loans as an option altogether.

There are more than a few clowns on B&WA who seem to think Teale has 'found the winning formula'.

This despite announcing there were 7 cup finals left, and the first 2 went 0-5, 0-3.

f**k knows how he would have motivated the side if those games weren't cup finals!

There are more than a few clowns on B&WA who seem to think Teale has 'found the winning formula'.

This despite announcing there were 7 cup finals left, and the first 2 went 0-5, 0-3.

f**k knows how he would have motivated the side if those games weren't cup finals!

Sounds like the ideal Hibs manager.

Should get the gig with Hibs :P

He should be Hibs manager.

That's a better record than Hibs. He should become their manager !!!

After all these rumours about it being Reid or whoever (someone even mentioned Jeffries!), I genuinely don't think there's a front runner yet. People are clearly still being interviewed, with 4 more tomorrow, including Teale and Murray (allegedly).

We should hopefully find out on Friday.

After all these rumours about it being Reid or whoever (someone even mentioned Jeffries!), I genuinely don't think there's a front runner yet. People are clearly still being interviewed, with 4 more tomorrow, including Teale and Murray (allegedly).

We should hopefully find out on Friday.

One of the papers today claimed Adams is being interviewed tomorrow as well.

I reckon it'll be someone who has hardly been mentioned.

He's not giving us an answer until he speaks to St Mirren.

I reckon he's going to end up at Rovers, they seem to want him more, whilst he appears to be one of several in the running for us.

Ian McParland being quoted as having an interview today, former Notts County gaffer and current Forest U21 manager.

Archived