The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest, as much as I fucking detest St Mirren I'd have struggled to be as brutal as your own BoD have been.

Hopefully Scott McDonald does the job for Motherwell whilst you manky b*****ds piss away all your financial reserves on a pile of shite. Brilliant :lol:

Since you've brought up financial reserves, SSN reporting Dundee made a loss of 890k. That's encouraging with your past history of balancing the books/cheating.

To be honest, as much as I fucking detest St Mirren I'd have struggled to be as brutal as your own BoD have been.

Hopefully Scott McDonald does the job for Motherwell whilst you manky b*****ds piss away all your financial reserves on a pile of shite. Brilliant :lol:

Why is that? I've always presumed we fall into the "irrelevance" category as far as as opposition supporters are concerned.

I tell you what, based on the highlights alone of just one game (!!) - Alan Gow will do for me.

Looks like he's slotted nicely into the void left by McLean. Funny how sometimes the biggest joke signings can turn out ok. Long way to go, etc etc, but with Genev and Gow in the team, we may well have a spine again.

This is going to be one hell of a fascinating run-in.

I tell you what, based on the highlights alone of just one game (!!) - Alan Gow will do for me.

Looks like he's slotted nicely into the void left by McLean. Funny how sometimes the biggest joke signings can turn out ok. Long way to go, etc etc, but with Genev and Gow in the team, we may well have a spine again.

Yeah he looked decent.

I'll gladly hold my hands up and say I was wrong about him.

With 4 of the last 7 coming against Well and County it will be they games that makes or breaks us. Going to be a bumpy ride.

He certainly looked OK on Saturday, though he did tire badly in the second half which was understandable. I'm pretty sure he had almost every one of our efforts at goals in the first half.

Genev looked no nonsense as well. The sign of a good centre-half for me is that you don't really notice him, he just goes about his duties with the minimal of fuss. Genev seemed to be that sort of player.

Three huge games in our season before we even kick a ball again. By the time we go to Killie we could be playing a massive catch-up on the others,

He certainly looked OK on Saturday, though he did tire badly in the second half which was understandable. I'm pretty sure he had almost every one of our efforts at goals in the first half.

Genev looked no nonsense as well. The sign of a good centre-half for me is that you don't really notice him, he just goes about his duties with the minimal of fuss. Genev seemed to be that sort of player.

Three huge games in our season before we even kick a ball again. By the time we go to Killie we could be playing a massive catch-up on the others,

Fair point in that the gap could be, well, a gap :-)

BUT, Well and County had to play those games at some point, and a two week break for us couldn't really have come at a better time.

Will give Gow even more time to settle in and either give Genev a chance to shake off the hamstring tweak, or hopefully, improve his fitness and integrate with the squad if the substitution was precautionary.

Hard to judge someone on 45 minutes, especially against Scotland and Hasselbank, but he looked like he could read the game and timed his interventions well. Looked strong too.

Shame that aside from winning a national trophy - and beating Aberdeen, Celtic and Hearts (all away from Paisley) to do so - that our only real excitement as fans in the last few years has been surviving relegation scraps.

Personally I think they should introduce "Just Escaped Relegation" trophies alongside the "Top 6" trophies that I believe some teams covet :D

Fair point in that the gap could be, well, a gap :-)

BUT, Well and County had to play those games at some point, and a two week break for us couldn't really have come at a better time.

Will give Gow even more time to settle in and either give Genev a chance to shake off the hamstring tweak, or hopefully, improve his fitness and integrate with the squad if the substitution was precautionary.

Hard to judge someone on 45 minutes, especially against Scotland and Hasselbank, but he looked like he could read the game and timed his interventions well. Looked strong too.

Shame that aside from winning a national trophy - and beating Aberdeen, Celtic and Hearts (all away from Paisley) to do so - that our only real excitement as fans in the last few years has been surviving relegation scraps.

Personally I think they should introduce "Just Escaped Relegation" trophies alongside the "Top 6" trophies that I believe some teams covet :D

At least our trophy cabinet would be full for a change.

• 5 weeks later...

In case folk haven't seen it, a couple of our former players have been getting stuck into the board today:

Frank McGarvey: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/three-disastrous-decisions-st-mirren-5436116

Ricky Gillies: http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/gillies-takes-no-pride-in-seeing-prediction-come-dangerously-close-to-coming-true.122142828

Pretty much spot on. Ricky's views carry more weight for me as played for the club when the current board were in place and I think he's a Saints fan.

I had a dream last night that I met Gus MacPherson and he was our new manager. He had a few great ideas and seemed generally quite realistic (but optimistic at the same time!) about our chances of staying up. Was a thoroughly nice chap too.

Anybody seen or heard from Lex?

He's got a fair few bets to cough up.

Season hasn't finished yet. Yourselves, Dundee and Motherwell could all still be plunged into administration - although I think the first two are so far ahead of us that would make sod all difference.

Archived