The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could get Fyvie in on a short term deal and move Mallan forward perhaps?

McLean's a great player though, delighted if we pull it off.

Mallan is the obvious successor to Kenny (if there is any). He is still quite young though and is unlikely to dominate that area to nearly the same extent. In the last few years Kenny has bulked up and added a bit of steel to his game. That's ideally what I'd like to see with Mallan too...but he is still very young.

Douglas McNeil sayin there isn't a release clause. I'm truly baffled as to why we would sell him so cheap.

If he did have a release clause of around 300k, championship and league 1 teams would have swooped on that a long time ago.

Fucking stinking piece of business.

Unfortunately it now appears that the terms of Kenny signing back on in the summer included a release clause which was only fractionally higher than the development fee we would have been entitled to.

I suppose the board looked at it as a damned if you do type thing in that they'd rather have him and lose him on the cheap, than not have him and lose him even more cheaply.

Still hurts like f**k that we've put ourselves in a position to be fucked over like this.

I don't buy into it being the be all and end all of our season, but it's not going to make our job any easier to say the least.

What was I saying about Dayton replacing Kenny McLean?

Not claiming to be ITK on this one but as another poster says above McLean had been spotted out drinking with McInnes after the January match between the sides

Extremely disappointed to lose Kenny however would be shocked if have not got someone coming in.

As for Kenny great player and going to a big club with a good manager. Dons fans should be delighted with this.

A lot of people are forgetting this. 3 years ago a move to Aberdeen would have seen most of us question his ambition. Not many are now. It's a cracking move for all parties. Except us, as usual. :(

If there’s no release clause, this makes less than no sense.

If he continues anything like the form he’s in through to the end of the season, scores another 5-6 goals and keeps us up, then surely he’d be worth at least half an Accies full back?

Some more worrying thoughts are maybe we are struggling financially and this will help steady the ship after sacking TC and the poor crowds?

Or maybe it's has something to do with these new owners that we've been hearing about for ages.

Maybe the takeover deal is close, and the current board are cashing in while they can. ;)

If the fee is only £275,000 then I hope we have a hefty sell-on clause. Great player, can't grudge him moving to Aberdeen but I have no doubts he will go on to better things. £275,000 is pish business from a Saints point of view he is worth far more and I'm sure McLean will go on to prove that at Aberdeen.

Archived