The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed.

What exactly was the script with Haddad leaving. Always seemed a decent enough player to me.

If I remember rightly he went back to Holland and never returned wee Danny's calls. Of course Tess can play centre half, and the three or four times he has this season he has done pretty well. I'm surprised he hasn't been used more there.

Happy with today's activities at the club. As I said months ago before TC left, an internal promotion was always going to be what we went for. It's always what we do go for! The outside names were never serious candidates. Only regret is I didn't back Teale with more money than 20 quid.

Dayton looks a decent signing. He's the kind of signing that had he went to another bottom 6 club I'd have been thinking... Wish we'd got him. He's a proven performer at this level and at 26 he should be playing the best stuff of his career.

Dayton seems to be one of they players who has the injury tag on him but going by wiki he has made 49 appearances since 2013 at Oldham which isn't too bad.

65 in 3 years at Killie is a bit meh but he picked up a bad cruciate ligament injury if i remember correctly.

He's probably the best type of player available to a club like ours given our situation. Excited to see this guy play.

Haddad is playing in the Eredivisie albeit for the side at the bottom.

Probably the last transfer window we used well. Hasselbaink, Thompson, Teale, Tesselaar, Carey, McGowan.

The 2011/12 side at its peak would pump the side we have now.

If I remember rightly he went back to Holland and never returned wee Danny's calls.

Was that not Hasselbaink? I'm pretty sure Haddad stayed right up till the contract expired, we offered him a new deal before that but couldn't afford him or something. Then signed Imrie with the money...

Haddad did play a big part in this magnificent piece of quick attacking football, though - one of our last ever goals against Rangers FC.

What a lovely, lovely goal.

So Dayton can't get a game for a team 14th in league one?

Why have they let him go then?

Might be for the same reason we're trying to get shot of Wylde, who has also made a 'respectable' number of appearances, even if his respectable performances are far lower.

Also, there seems to be whispers of 'injury prone' around him. I guess time will tell. Nobody here is under any illusions that we're doing anything other than shopping at the bargain bin end of the market, though.

Might be for the same reason we're trying to get shot of Wylde, who has also made a 'respectable' number of appearances, even if his respectable performances are far lower.

Also, there seems to be whispers of 'injury prone' around him. I guess time will tell. Nobody here is under any illusions that we're doing anything other than shopping at the bargain bin end of the market, though.

On the face of it, Dayton is a good signing despite the injury prone tag. Has performed at this level before and knows the league.

The big question is though, has Gary Teale reviewed his tracking back at corners etc? Wingers are not generally known for their defensive qualities and failure to do these basics can see players fail completely at St. Mirren Park.

On the face of it, Dayton is a good signing despite the injury prone tag. Has performed at this level before and knows the league.

The big question is though, has Gary Teale reviewed his tracking back at corners etc? Wingers are not generally known for their defensive qualities and failure to do these basics can see players fail completely at St. Mirren Park.

There is a movement on B&WA to get him chased out the club already. I think he's hoping to sign for Dundee before the end of the transfer window.

There is a movement on B&WA to get him chased out the club already. I think he's hoping to sign for Dundee before the end of the transfer window.

His hopes are in vain - he will do a job at a team fighting relegation but would probably struggle adapting to a bigger club with higher expectations.

In all seriousness though - good signing - a decent winger and the return of Thommo (provided he can stay fit) has all the right connotations.

Yeah, fingers crossed.

With Dayton in, it's hard to look at our best line-up and not think we've at least got the potential to stay in contention for 10th place (such lofty ambitions :lol: ).

That said, while we're still shipping cheap goals, getting men sent off and while Thommo has yet to prove his fitness this season, massive doubts remain. People keep saying we need a new centre half, but IMO we need two. At least the latter half of our season will be interesting. :unsure:

Wylde looked like he was picking up a bit of form towards the end of the last season but he's been another complete passenger this season. Wouldn't shed a tear if he's offski.

Just something about the guys demeanor and attitude on the pitch that doesn't appeal to me. Any yes Deefiant, I think he may not have tracked back at a corner once or twice as well. ;)

Archived