The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...we had a Team Manager, Assistant Manager, Director of Football, Head of Recruitement and a comprehensive European Scouting facility lined up

...You've got to be looking at qualifying for European football in the next couple of years.

post-9889-0-65805900-1421169868_thumb.jp

...You've taken that too far moment !

...and learn to spell recruitment.

...should have asked the Broker guy to give it a look over his fraudulent documents were apparently very detailed so obviously a good eye for presenting things correctly.

I think Naismiths main strength is his power and pace going forward - although his final ball can let him down.

I just don't think he has the positional sense to play centre half (from what I've seen), especially if he was to be paired with cheesey or goody. If it was to work he would need to be alongside a competent centre half that would talk him through his first few games.

Wow hadn't noticed that but I think you may be right...

post-9889-0-62439500-1421171110_thumb.jp

edit....Would be happy to take the £ 1.0 Million for him

Would anybody care to pass comment re Naismith's perceived main strengths?

I think Naismiths main strength is his power and pace going forward - although his final ball can let him down.

I just don't think he has the positional sense to play centre half (from what I've seen), especially if he was to be paired with cheesey or goody. If it was to work he would need to be alongside a competent centre half that would talk him through his first few games.

In all seriousness, that New York friendly is absolutely bizarre. It's a shame we can't become all big time and postpone a Saturday game for this glamour friendly.

We've obviously been asked and there will be a little money in it for the club. Given our cup performances this season we're not exactly having fixtures piling up!

It's also going to be NYCFC's first ever official match, so should give us a little bit of press exposure if nothing else.

Vine's first language may not be English since he was born in Nigeria. He has also spent the last couple of years in Portugal so is not using English. Maybe some Buddie should tweet him back in Yoruba to determine his mastery of language. Or maybe it is easier to take the piss.

Have we all given up?

We actually signed a striker today - from one of our relegation rivals - who we play on Saturday - and there is one post on it in the Saints Season thread???

Sad to say, but I think most of us have more pressing concerns about the long term future of the club which goes beyond relegation this season. This time last week it would have been a huge boost.

Archived