The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yoann Arquin seems to be the man Gary Teale thinks will save our season. Wonderful.

Delighted to hear we're after another striker that barely scores, good job Gary.

Deary me we are truly fucked if this is the level of signing Teale is looking at.

Not being funny lads, but who exactly are you expecting us to be after?

I'd be relatively happy with this tbh, and certainly would be a better signing than dross like Heffernan we've been linked to.

I reckon Arquin would have a better scoring rate at St Mirren than at Ross County. His best spell of form was with Melvin de Leeuw playing around him. It's a scandal they never played together more.

We could do worse than sign both until the end of the season.

We could do worse than sign both until the end of the season.

Arquin is free to sign for whoever because his contract only lasted until the start of January. But County still hold de Leeuw's registration and have said they won't sign the release papers for him to go to another Scottish club.

I saw on twitter that you guys are hoping to tie up deals for 4 players - Arquin, Matty Hamilton, Ryan Jennings and Chinedu Vine.

I had to use Google just to make sure Chinedu isn't Rowan's Nigerian cousin.

I'd be relatively happy with this tbh, and certainly would be a better signing than dross like Heffernan we've been linked to.

Agreed, and a far better signing than the current crop of strikers we currently have available.

I'll be gutted if Arquin signs. Like watching a recent ex starting a new relationship with that mate you never quite liked.

We're gonna need some decent transfer news of our own to balance it out, preferably in defense if we have to play against a rejuvenated Arquin.

Arquin's a good footballer, but we've already got a few strikers with poor scoring rates so I don't see the point in Teale using whatever wages he has available on him. I would definitely take him ahead of Heffernan but surely there must be a better striker available? In my opinion, we need to sign a reliable striker and an experienced centre-back in this window if we want any chance of staying up. We've let a few players go so I would hope that was possible. I think Teale's going for the scattergun approach though and will sign a few fairly unproven players and hope for the best.

What we really need is your average 20 goals a season striker. That should sort us out.

Aye, but one who traditionally has a very slow start, and scores them all in the second half of the season.

Actually, to be on the safe side, we'd better get two.

And ask them to each bring a big, strong, commanding, 'no nonsense' centre half with them.

Get it sorted Teale!

Maybe I'm being naive but the standard of players we seem to be looking at currently won't be good enough to keep us up.

Dont worry, ourselves and Motherwell are saying the same.

We only let Arquin go because he was unhappy and his performances reflected that. When on his game he was an important, and good, player.

If you make him happy you'll have an improved player on what we had (until he maybe gets unhappy again in a few months...).

Archived