The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's one of the worst strikers i've seen at Hibs. I would be happy to get him off our wage bill to sign another strike.

At least he didn't cost you £200k - although I notice Collins is now banging them in down south.

Heffernan - a veteran striker who hasn't played much this season and has fitness injuries. We already have one of them.

No doubt we'll go for Monakana to replace Drury.

He been shite for you? He has a decent record down south and looked a good finisher at killie?

He's a lot better than what we have currently fit and available to us

Heff was frustrating at Killie. Could score for fun sometimes but very lazy and a bit of a liability with his lack of movement. Apparently a bit of a noise in the dressing room too so I'd avoid!

Is he 'lazy' in the same way John Sutton and Michael Higdon were for us?

No, I don't think so. Boydie was lazy for us but generally passionate, (just his nature which I always thought of Sutton and Higdon too). Heff, IMO, is lazy in the truly can't be ersed sense.

Hopefully they will meet Lex's £3million valuation

Obviously tongue in cheek, but understandable given someone like Lewis McLeod can draw a fee of £800k despite being nowhere near as experienced or having even played at as high a level as Kenny.

That being said. I'd imagine around £400k will see him away. Which is a crying shame, really.

Oh god, talk of Europe in a few years.

Survival first and foremost this season then re-stabilise the club next season if we do stay up.

They do seem to be talking the talk though, I hope if it goes through, they can back it up.

Wonder what the 11th hour snag is - surely if they have met valuation Gilmour and co would be desperate to get deal over the line.

I am slightly concerned about these grand plans - Europe in a few years time? Survival first then we can worry about Europe!

Jesus. Talk of Europe, Champions League, English Premiership players. Gets you the full house on the barking mad ownership bingo card.

I'm annnoyed at the endless 'consortia' that turn up at the club. The club, like most in Scotland, has no value to these people. The club only really has any value to St Mirren fans and the town.

I'll accept if the board had worries over the 10,000 hours fans buyout, but I'm going to be sceptical unless the person buying the club out is a fan or is a fans group. Esp when Europe is rolled out as an ambition.

Heff was frustrating at Killie. Could score for fun sometimes but very lazy and a bit of a liability with his lack of movement. Apparently a bit of a noise in the dressing room too so I'd avoid!

I don't think I'd ever have accused Heffernan of being lazy or lacking movement. He was a very clever striker and made loads of great runs. Having watched him for Hibs a few times though, age has certainly caught up with him very quickly.

Archived