The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure Lex was claiming Plummer was the best defender in the league or some other deluded pish.:

Meanwhile... outside of your fantasy land and back in the real world, I said no such thing. :lol: Feel free to use the quote and search function to prove me wrong of course.

Plummer came and played very well for the first view weeks. He got our MOTM in our first two games. His form dropped a bit afterwards but he continued to start every game.

He then got injured against Thistle in mid September and was subbed off. He was initially out for 6-8 weeks IIRC. At that start of December when he wasn't back there was some 'ITK' rumours and counter rumours.

Some said he was fit but didn't want to play. Some said he was desperate to play but had had an injury set back. We'll never know now I guess.

Him leaving frees up wages for a new player. I'd hope for us to sign one tomorrow in time for the ICT game, although not sure we will given our managerial scenario.

150k bid for McLean from fleetwood. I hope the board laugh at that offer.

I actually think a top / ambitious league one side wouldn't be a bad move for him ( if the money is right) as he would be more likely to get regular first team football and would excel. Fleetwood are prob in a similar position as what Brentford / Bournemouth were a few seasons ago.

Regardless of what we do, how we do it or what the statement is, I reckon tomorrow has to be a pivotal point in the season where our BoD, whether they are still going to be here at the end of the month, season etc, or not, must come out and tell the supporters what exactly our direction is here.

Craig has been gone four weeks now and I think the majority of fans accepted that Teale and Longwell would have the gig until after the festive fixtures had been and gone. As expected, this has happened, but save for a few murmurings, we're no further forward in either getting management team in place, or bringing in any new faces. The festive fixtures have been and gone and January, a difficult window under normal circumstances anyway, is now ticking slowly by.

That's why tomorrow has to be the day. No more milling about and keeping the fans in the dark, no more half-truths and speculation. The support of this club needs at least some reassurance that we're moving in a direction instead of this disconcerting feeling that we're treading water until a deal which may or may not be concluded.

We need answers to (but not limited to) the following:

Are we interviewing for the managers vacancy and if so, when can we expect an announcement?

If not, does this mean GT and DL will be getting the job on an interim, or permanent basis?

Will the manager, whoever he may be, be given any scope to bring new players in and if so, will this happen before the absolute last minute when there are 9 points left to play for?

Are we actively trying to move players on and how crucial is this to new faces coming in?

Is there still a proposal on the table for the purchase of the club, how many interested parties are there, how serious are they and what's the potential timescale on completion?

Regardless of what we do, how we do it or what the statement is, I reckon tomorrow has to be a pivotal point in the season where our BoD, whether they are still going to be here at the end of the month, season etc, or not, must come out and tell the supporters what exactly our direction is here.

Craig has been gone four weeks now and I think the majority of fans accepted that Teale and Longwell would have the gig until after the festive fixtures had been and gone. As expected, this has happened, but save for a few murmurings, we're no further forward in either getting management team in place, or bringing in any new faces. The festive fixtures have been and gone and January, a difficult window under normal circumstances anyway, is now ticking slowly by.

That's why tomorrow has to be the day. No more milling about and keeping the fans in the dark, no more half-truths and speculation. The support of this club needs at least some reassurance that we're moving in a direction instead of this disconcerting feeling that we're treading water until a deal which may or may not be concluded.

We need answers to (but not limited to) the following:

Are we interviewing for the managers vacancy and if so, when can we expect an announcement?

If not, does this mean GT and DL will be getting the job on an interim, or permanent basis?

Will the manager, whoever he may be, be given any scope to bring new players in and if so, will this happen before the absolute last minute when there are 9 points left to play for?

Are we actively trying to move players on and how crucial is this to new faces coming in?

Is there still a proposal on the table for the purchase of the club, how many interested parties are there, how serious are they and what's the potential timescale on completion?

Has Jim Goodwin really turned over a new leaf?

Small addition.

See the Fleetwood offer for McLean has rightly been knocked back. Don't know what they were thinking at that price.

So Plummer and Drury are away. I liked the look of Plummer in the first game, thought he was a good answer to long standing CB issues. He was raw, but more than decent enough. Don't know what has happened behind the scenes.

Drury had nice touches and a couple of good goals, but looked lightweight and struggled in the league games I saw him in. Unless he has a big jump in development he'll be more York City than Man City.

I take it however that Teale is our new manager. Who else is doing all the signing and making decisions?

Tainted cup win IMO

Kenny Shiels alert.

He has been told he is free to go and rightly so. I imagine he will leave at some point this month.

Gateshead want Marwood back, he'll be offski soon enough.

Cheers. I didn't imagine we'd find anyone to take him but that sounds hopeful. Awful signing.

He been shite for you? He has a decent record down south and looked a good finisher at killie?

He's a lot better than what we have currently fit and available to us

He's one of the worst strikers i've seen at Hibs. I would be happy to get him off our wage bill to sign another strike.

Archived