The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

Not going to apologise because of the vitriolic abuse he's suffered. :lol:

Even if we were scoring goals am I right in saying we haven't kept a fucking clean sheet all season, the first sign of a well organised and drilled team.

You're in the wrong job Tam.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He didn't allow for his 36 year old striker getting injured?

lol

In fairness to Craig there were plenty of other Saints fans on here who didn't see that as a problem either. They seemed to see the fact he played just about every minute of every game last season as an indicator he'd have no problem doing the same again and thus any high profile striker signing - such as Lyle Taylor or Michael Higdon - was merely coming in to play back-up to him.

It was a ridiculous view and a potential concern I raised on more than one occasion at the time.

Yup. No matter how much you look after yourself, as your body gets older you take longer to recover from injuries and are far more prone to them. It's absolutely farcical that the team relies so much on him.

I would love to know who the strikers on the bit of paper are. I bet none of them are realistic targets.

You can guarantee that. They'll be the likes of Rooney (yours) and Michael Higdon. Realms of fantasy.

You guys are right about Thommo, too. I'm the same age as him and, frankly, I'm fucking knackered! Did a lot of sport in my teens/20s - my knees are shagged, my hips hurt and I have to crack my spine daily. If Thommo's anywhere near as tired as I am, then the sportscene job will be looking more and more appealing with every passing minute.

I would love to know who the strikers on the bit of paper are. I bet none of them are realistic targets.

Wouldn't we all. Even just for a laugh.

Imagine turning up to an AGM with a fucking sheet of paper to wave in your defence. :lol:

Normally when someones neck is on the line the ex-players in the media rally round that manager. Not here. Seems a very unpopular person, have seen Billy Dodds and Michael Stewart (to name but two) come out and say he created a terrible atmosphere at the Club he was at and only had one training session.

We had a similar situation with 'The Bomber' thankfully he did the decent thing and resigned.

Craig sounds a good bit worse tbh. Bomber at least managed to assemble a squad good enough to get the job done but deteriorated them with his 1920s training style and the weird triangle passing moves we'd do on the edge of their own box. When fans turned on him he went relatively quickly.

Not going to apologise because of the vitriolic abuse he's suffered. :lol:

Even if we were scoring goals am I right in saying we haven't kept a fucking clean sheet all season, the first sign of a well organised and drilled team.

You're in the wrong job Tam.

I've not given him any vitriolic abuse. Do I not deserve an apology for following this abortion of a team around the country like a brain-damaged puppy?

What gets me is the attitude from the club which gives off a, "Well what do you expect for £20+ per week? A hopeless team incapable of keeping a clean sheet is perfectly normal. And it being full of kids rapidly losing confidence? Other teams have young players too you know. Everything's rosy, shut up because everything's fine."

Well it's not fine, it's shit. The only thing worse than shit is the ready acceptance of shit as the norm, with no sign of it ending anytime soon.

How depressing.

I think it's fair to say any Non St Mirren fan thinks Petted Lip Tommy must stay, and deserves to see out remaining 18 months of his contract.

On the upside for St Mirren fans, there's an outside chance (long shot in region of 10/1 i guess, but a chance all the same) of him winning them some silverware next season. That's if they can beat Sevco, Hibs and RossCo to the Championship title.

harry94, on 27 Nov 2014 - 19:23, said:

Craig sounds a good bit worse tbh. Bomber at least managed to assemble a squad good enough to get the job done but deteriorated them with his 1920s training style and the weird triangle passing moves we'd do on the edge of their own box. When fans turned on him he went relatively quickly.

Tommy Craig > Bomber. Fans were against Bomber from day one. His spitfire tactic caused an early decent run at least, but still.

Why can't Stewart Gilmour get rid of Stmirren? Debt free, new stadium, recent domestic trophy, established Premiership side and yet still no one will chuck him a few beans and take it off his hands.

Its not even like there's been much interest has there? Certainly no concrete bids have been laid out?

Why does no one want St Mirren?

Would you?

I'd need a minimum of a £25m Euro lottery win to consider it, and that's as a fan. Even then, you'd be getting it in your ear all the time about getting your hand in your pocket for transfers, etc. Not sure it'd be worth the hassle. Sad state of affairs, really. You'd assume anybody looking at the club who isn't a lifelong fan would be making an even more dispassionate assessment and realising they'd be on a hiding to nothing.

Why can't Stewart Gilmour get rid of Stmirren? Debt free, new stadium, recent domestic trophy, established Premiership side and yet still no one will chuck him a few beans and take it off his hands.

Its not even like there's been much interest has there? Certainly no concrete bids have been laid out?

Seemingly they have rejected a few bids/enquires because they weren't happy with the direction it would take the club(Que down jokes).

Some fans seem to thank they're holding out for too much, I'm not so sure but the lack of concrete bids does support this theory.

LIke AberdeenBud says, there has been a few bids, but they were all turned down for one reason or another. The board at the AGM said they are currently in talks with one "interesting" party, but that'll probably be dead rubber too. They're holding on incredibly tight and won't let go until they're absolutely sure it's a good deal for the club.

Seems to me like Gilmour doesn't want the club anymore, but doesn't want anyone else to have it. Why would he? What with the work he did getting the cash for Love Street and spending it on the new stadium.

Archived