The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

Drury has a clause in his contract stating he has to play when fit so I would imagine Marwood will be spending a lot of time on the bench in order for him to be accommodated.

This ^^ is a pile of shit and not the truth. There is no clause in the loan deal about starting any amount of games.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Started in one game for us which we went on to win in his 14 league games for us. Good luck to him though, he seems a nice guy. Ossy >>> Ozzy though ;)

I suppose he needn't start any games with us.

Goodwin starts, begins to seethe, gets booked somewhere between 20-30 mins in, screws the nut for a bit and reaches half time safely. Starts the second half, begins to seethe again, gets hooked after 50-60 mins and Osborne plays the last 30-40, mostly avoiding contact and injury.

Sorted.

If you can keep him fit he'll be an absolutely outstanding signing. Worry is there's a reason no club closer to the Midlands took a chance on him, but a midfield with him supporting McLean and McGinn should be too good for a relegation dogfight.

Apparently he was supposed to be signing for Shrewsbury, according to a Shrewsbury fan in my work, but he did an Ian Harte on them and signed for us instead.

From the outside, I'm not sure it's a central midfielder that St. Mirren should have been looking for.

Well Goodwin was suspended against Accies, and we had to start a youth player who had never played at senior level in his stead because we had no one else. We then lost the game because we lost control in the middle of the park.

We had Conor Newton last season who played every week, he left and we never replaced him. We have now.

Osbourne is nowhere near as good a footballer as Newton. He's a Goodwin replacement (possibly less effective with the ball), he will win a lot of balls but he's not great at making himself an outlet for a pass when you have it.

Sounds ideal to me. A ballwinner was all we needed.

Osbourne is nowhere near as good a footballer as Newton. He's a Goodwin replacement (possibly less effective with the ball), he will win a lot of balls but he's not great at making himself an outlet for a pass when you have it.

No problem. He can win the ball and then give it to McLean or McGinn to let them do the clever stuff.

Well you agreed to it with Conor Newton so I don't see why you wouldn't agree to it with Drury.

We knew what we were getting with Conor the 2nd time we signed him. He would have been playing most weeks anyway, although his form was a bit patchy at times.

Osbourne sounds like a cracking signing , don't want to get too excited given his injury record but we needed someone like him.

Archived