The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

You don't have any of your own defenders or midfielders to develop? Are things really that bad?

So by that logic why don't Aberdeen play their u19's every week? Why do they have Hayes, McGinn, Robson, Flood, Rooney, Goodwillie, Reynolds etc? Don't they have any of their own defenders/midfielders/strikers?

Absolutely clueless :lol:

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't have any of your own defenders or midfielders to develop? Are things really that bad?

We don't have a ready made centre back or right winger yet. If we did they would be getting a chance.

I don't see the harm in these type of loan deals, it's the same as signing someone on a 1 year deal anyway.

You run the risk when you sign experienced guys like Harkins and Granger, both back fired for us. At least with these young boys, they'll come here wanting to prove themselves. Can't see them causing havoc in the dressing room either.

So, you're saying Hearts are too good to loan players from Man City? Fine by us :lol: ... Also, if you're going to cite one of the failures, why not cite one of the several successful EPL loans?

I said nothing of the sort, what I said was we have an abundance of young talented players, who i'm quite happy ( especially at the level we are now at) to give first team games and not rely on youth players from bigger clubs. Furthermore what i'm suggesting is that your claim that Hearts were in for players from Man City and never got them to be completely without fact.

Since you asked, Paul Dummett.

I said nothing of the sort, what I said was we have an abundance of young talented players, who i'm quite happy ( especially at the level we are now at) to give first team games and not rely on youth players from bigger clubs. Furthermore what i'm suggesting is that your claim that Hearts were in for players from Man City and never got them to be completely without fact.

Since you asked, Paul Dummett.

Why didn't Hearts ask for young players from Man City after the friendly? If they weren't surely they should have been. You've signed plenty of other young players from abroad who don't exactly look like world beaters,

Why didn't Hearts ask for young players from Man City after the friendly? If they weren't surely they should have been. You've signed plenty of other young players from abroad who don't exactly look like world beaters,

Because we don't need them :blink: To give an example, you've signed a winger and a centre half. We have 2 homegrown cetre halves on the bench and a rotation of 4 wingers again all through our academy. There simply isn't the requirement...although a GK right now would be nice!

The Man City game was arranged as a centenary celebration of our Main Stand.

We've only signed two players from abroad it's difficult to find 'World beaters' in Scotland anyway as well you know. I'm confident, from what i've seen of them, that the young players from abroad that we have brought it, on long term contracts, can both do a turn for us and then be sold on.

I don't know why anyone is even replying to the pish he posts.

The guy is a complete and utter loser!

He gets really needy when he gets ignored and starts going on about people not answering his questions. Like the kid in class who gets his own separate reading lessons, he hasn't yet figured out we're laughing at him, not with him.

Because we don't need them :blink: To give an example, you've signed a winger and a centre half. We have 2 homegrown cetre halves on the bench and a rotation of 4 wingers again all through our academy. There simply isn't the requirement...although a GK right now would be nice!

The Man City game was arranged as a centenary celebration of our Main Stand.

We've only signed two players from abroad it's difficult to find 'World beaters' in Scotland anyway as well you know. I'm confident, from what i've seen of them, that the young players from abroad that we have brought it, on long term contracts, can both do a turn for us and then be sold on.

Didn't you sign a Moroccan a Swede and a Turk?

Having watched Hearts first two league games it looks to me you do need more players if you're going to win the league.

Clubs across Europe who are far bigger than Hearts are loaning players from the EPL. Celtic loaned a a Man City player last week for example.

If Hearts 'don't need' these players then fair enough, we will have them instead.

Didn't you sign a Moroccan a Swede and a Turk?

Having watched Hearts first two league games it looks to me you do need more players if you're going to win the league.

Clubs across Europe who are far bigger than Hearts are loaning players from the EPL. Celtic loaned a a Man City player last week for example.

If Hearts 'don't need' these players then fair enough, we will have them instead.

We did yes, the Swede came from Palace though, not from abroad.

Celtic loaned a boy from them because they have hee- haw coming through at centre half beyond VVD and Ambrose. I had the joy of watching the first Legia game in the company of a Celtic fan( ;) ) and they ended up with Mulgrew at CB who had a torrid time.

Time will tell if we need more players. Im of the opinion that we signed plenty and have enough young prospects to compete for the league. It will still be extremely difficult to overpower a club with the financial clout of Rangers over the distance though.

Im of the opinion that we signed plenty and have enough young prospects to compete for the league. It will still be extremely difficult to overpower a club with the financial clout of Rangers over the distance though.

All wind-ups aside, I really bloody hope you manage that. :)

He gets really needy when he gets ignored and starts going on about people not answering his questions. Like the kid in class who gets his own separate reading lessons, he hasn't yet figured out we're laughing at him, not with him.

That's very true, although if you ignore someone enough they will eventually get bored and go away.

Failing that could use the spray below....

post-43465-14085388601286_thumb.jpg

Why not? Several Dundee fans said they wanted to try build links with Man City and get some loans.

I would assume it is up to Paul Hartley (The Dundee manager) if he wants to loan players in and not upto the fans. I'm not sure how it works with St Mirren but I would hazard a guess it would be the managers choice who he signed, in saying that your fans

would have probably been better off taking charge of the team.

Archived