The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

He was a high earner and he left on the Monday after the cup final and was uncontactable, so was released.

Do you still believe that last part? Steve Brown probably gave his phone one single ring then told the manager he was ignoring calls from the club.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you still believe that last part? Steve Brown probably gave his phone one single ring then told the manager he was ignoring calls from the club.

'Aww sorry m8 - we widnae answer his phone'

Must admit this interview with Graham Kavanagh had passed me by until just now:

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/carlisle-united/latest/st-mirren-friendly-was-the-real-deal-says-carlisle-utd-boss-1.1152426?cache=cachehiguain%25252Frk%25253D0%25252Frs%25253Dotuo.36vy2tp%25253Fshowr#

He clearly hasn't read the script - doesn't he realise that when Jim Goodwin has tackled one of your players, you don't take it well, you whine and bitch to the media, you remonstrate on the touchline, you record the incident and send it to the authorities...

Kavanagh is better off south of the border: he has no future in Scottish Football.

George Evans ( Man City midfielder ) will hopefully be joining the club on loan this week and be in the squad on Saturday.

Must admit this interview with Graham Kavanagh had passed me by until just now:

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/carlisle-united/latest/st-mirren-friendly-was-the-real-deal-says-carlisle-utd-boss-1.1152426?cache=cachehiguain%25252Frk%25253D0%25252Frs%25253Dotuo.36vy2tp%25253Fshowr#

He clearly hasn't read the script - doesn't he realise that when Jim Goodwin has tackled one of your players, you don't take it well, you whine and bitch to the media, you remonstrate on the touchline, you record the incident and send it to the authorities...

Kavanagh is better off south of the border: he has no future in Scottish Football.

Good point.

I wonder when we'll suffer the first Jim inspired meltdown from the opposition?

McCall's not normally a whinger so I think we might survive the first week. When do we play County?

Good news. Seems a good player

George Evans

Player Profile;

Born - 13/12/1994 in Stockport

Height - 6'0

Foot - Right

Position - Central Midfielder

International Honours - England Under 16 & 17 Caps

Most like in the First team - Gareth Barry

He may seem a bit gangly with his 6'0 frame and next to no muscle, but do not judge a book by its cover. George Evans is one of those central midfielders you love to have in your team; he has height to give him presence, his technical abilities are second to none and he also loves the physical side of the game.

Whilst at City he has played defensive midfield, central midfield, attacking midfield, right back, centre back and right wing which shows that his reading of the game is superb being able to slot into many different positions and not look out of place. He does not have blistering pace, however he does have enough to get himself out of trouble should he ever need to.

He was recently a surprise call up to City's pre season tour of Austria, and again did not look out of place with the big boys, even though in one game he almost snapped an opposition player in half with a tackle!

He also has different forms of international experience, playing for the England Under 16's and 17's as a regular and was part of the squad that played in the 2011 Under 17 World Cup helping England to the quarter finals (along with fellow team mate Alex Henshall) Evans' recent performance with the EDS team have also earned him a call up the England Under 19's squad, which shows that he still is showing that potential.

Looks like a ready made alternative to Goodwin. :thumsup2

Evans deal dead, apparently, but we still have scope to bring in another two players.

I suspect we will be looking at a couple of loanees which is fine as we only have Plummer in thus far. It won't do any harm to have a couple of competitive matches over the next few day to afford Wee Tam the opportunity to evaluate what we have and what additions might be required.

Our own young lads deserve an opportunity to get some first team action, so bringing in players just for the sake of it could be counterproductive. No more Caprice-type additions, please. I reckon we will see another defender brought in, and a 'versatile' midfielder in the Conor Newton mould.

In any event, on the face of it, we are in a MUCH better position going into our first match of the season than we were this time last year. Certainly no complaints from me.

City apparently cancelled Evans deal at last minute as Pellegrini has first team plans for him this year.

However, the good news is they've apparently offered us Adam Drury instead.

Let's hope this one goes through!

Adam retweeted someone welcoming him to St Mirren earlier this evening.

These loan deals do have a habit of falling through, but this one looks a goer.

Hopefully he will be in the squad on Wednesday!

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/elite-development-squad/defenders/adam-drury

That one's better. Right sided player who can play winger and right back.

I'm a fan of Naismith, but despite being all over Well for large parts of Saturday, we were weakest going forward on the right.

Won't do any harm having him if he's any good.

Plummer has certainly looked a great signing so far!

Archived