The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

Home or away (for us)?

Away. Will be shown on BT Sports.

We play Celtic at home a week later and that has been moved for a 12.45 kick off on the Saturday, being shown on Sky Sports.

Partick Thistle v St Mirren

SPFL Scottish Premiership

Venue: Firhill Stadium, Glasgow

Date: Friday, 19th September 2014

Kick-off: 7:45pm

TV: BT Sport

St Mirren v Celtic

SPFL Scottish Premiership

Venue: St Mirren Park, Paisley

Date: Saturday, 27th September 2014

Kick-off: 12:45pm

TV: Sky Sports

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see our game against your boys due to be played Sat 20th Sept has been changed to Fri 19th. Could be a nice wee night out.

Lovely stuff. Really like this Friday night football shtick.....just as long as it's relatively local. Partick is ideal.

Hello there St.Mirren fans! I come in peace, just to nudge you in the direction of my blog. I have been pestering each of the Premiership boards to ask people to have a read of the season preview I am doing for each club and I just finished the St.Mirren one.

You can read it here --- Link

It would be great if people read it, and if you want to give me any feedback or criticisms! You guys obviously know the team better than I do!

Cheers!

A very good effort indeed.

I'd probably have picked another young player to look out for, as I think McGinn has already proven his worth to some extent.

Maybe Adam Brown or Declan Hughes.

P.S. F**k Friday night football. :thumbsdown

Hello there St.Mirren fans! I come in peace, just to nudge you in the direction of my blog. I have been pestering each of the Premiership boards to ask people to have a read of the season preview I am doing for each club and I just finished the St.Mirren one.

It would be great if people read it, and if you want to give me any feedback or criticisms! You guys obviously know the team better than I do!

Cheers!

Cheers!

Would agree with most of what you have written there , very good.

When's this new centre half signing?

I'd like to say tomorrow, before we set off for the English leg of the pre-season, but that's probably unrealistic. If anyone's going to sign it'll probably be next week. Tommy Craig did say he'd be 'actively scouting' this week for players.

Normally would be quite happy that one of our away games has been moved for TV - however I'll probably be on a train back from Manchester at that time so it's not much use!

Happy the Celtic game is still the Saturday, was concerned it would be shunted to the Sunday and clash with the Ryder Cup.

A very good effort indeed.

I'd probably have picked another young player to look out for, as I think McGinn has already proven his worth to some extent.

Maybe Adam Brown or Declan Hughes.

P.S. F**k Friday night football. :thumbsdown

Would agree with most of what you have written there , very good.

Thanks for reading!

Normally would be quite happy that one of our away games has been moved for TV - however I'll probably be on a train back from Manchester at that time so it's not much use!

Happy the Celtic game is still the Saturday, was concerned it would be shunted to the Sunday and clash with the Ryder Cup.

I'm delighted the game got moved... Heading to Tenerife on the Saturday morning. Get a few jars before the game then possibly a few more afterwards!!

Cheers!

Very decent report. Agree about McGinn though. Think he is out of the promising category. He has been a first team regular for 2 years now with Under 19 and Under21 caps and a League Cup Winners medal. And Mclean's workrate improved drastically over the last few months of last season but I do not think I would associate the term of high workrate with him just yet. Well done.

I'm saving myself for a all day sesh down in Carlisle.

Carlisle looks like a cracker as well. I'll probably give the Whitley Bay game a miss and go to the other two.

Anyone else heading down to Whitley Bay tomorrow?

We are! Staying in Whitley Bay all weekend and home on Tuesday morning. About 20 minutes on the bus to Blyth and to Newcastle :cheers

He had a good year with us, we offered him a new deal and then Killie offered him more and he went there.

He's a versatile defender who's played a lot of games at this level, a good addition to the squad IMO. He's relatively young for a defender with that many top flight games too.

Archived