The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Parkin was far better than Wardlaw, can't even believe it's up for debate.

Subjective matter obviously, so roll the dice and place your bets on the player you believe to be better (for us). I mean, Steve Archibald was a better player than both Wardlaw or Parkin... wasn't he?

Just glancing at Parkin's wiki, not only did win a Scotland B cap his aggregate transfer cost is £890,000. :lol:

Didn't Wardlaw cost us 50k? :1eye

Did Parkin get that cap when he was with us? Or did we sell him for 890k?

That all happened way before he was with us.. Not sure what that has to do with his ability when he was with us. Truth is both were poor and arguing who was better is like 2 baldy b*****ds fighting over a comb.

Did Parkin get that cap when he was with us? Or did we sell him for 890k?

That all happened way before he was with us.. Not sure what that has to do with his ability when he was with us. Truth is both were poor and arguing who was better is like 2 baldy b*****ds fighting over a comb.

No, nothing really relevant, I was just genuinely surprised because I agree he was pretty rotten.

Although not a Wardlaw level of rotten, imo.

Squad looks shockingly thin, if this is the squad we are going with it's going to be a long season.

Yes of course.

We're definitely not going to make any more signings.

We're going with Williams and McAusland as our CH pairing.

We'll not bother signing any cover for midfield either.

FFS.

Hello there St.Mirren fans! I come in peace, just to nudge you in the direction of my blog. I have been pestering each of the Premiership boards to ask people to have a read of the season preview I am doing for each club and I just finished the St.Mirren one.

You can read it here --- Link

It would be great if people read it, and if you want to give me any feedback or criticisms! You guys obviously know the team better than I do!

Cheers!

Hello there St.Mirren fans! I come in peace, just to nudge you in the direction of my blog. I have been pestering each of the Premiership boards to ask people to have a read of the season preview I am doing for each club and I just finished the St.Mirren one.

You can read it here --- Link

It would be great if people read it, and if you want to give me any feedback or criticisms! You guys obviously know the team better than I do!

Cheers!

Pretty decent summary there, mate, though I think you have failed to take account of the number of hand-wringing knickerwetters in our support who won't be satisfied until we've signed 8 unknown journeymen just to swell the ranks, so we aren't 'too reliant on kids'.

Some will no doubt query your description of McLean's workrate, but I would put that down to cluelessness as opposed to any want on McLean's part. He is an accomplished player, and you are right to highlight him as you do. I think he'll shine this coming season.

Pretty decent summary there, mate, though I think you have failed to take account of the number of hand-wringing knickerwetters in our support who won't be satisfied until we've signed 8 unknown journeymen just to swell the ranks, so we aren't 'too reliant on kids'.

Some will no doubt query your description of McLean's workrate, but I would put that down to cluelessness as opposed to any want on McLean's part. He is an accomplished player, and you are right to highlight him as you do. I think he'll shine this coming season.

Thanks for reading! Some of what I write so obviously based on what I've seen in games against us etc and McLean always struck me as a hardworking player.

Archived